The mkiv Supra Owners Club

started to fit my bodykit

Guest craig-mkiv

Guest craig-mkiv

hi

i purchased that jdl bodykit off e-bay before christmas but never got round to fitting it until now :p

as i have had this week off from work i thought i would make a start ,., but 1st thing's 1st , phoned up the insurance company to find out how it would affect my premium :innocent:

not one extra penny :p:p until next year anyway :ecstatic::yahoo:

so in 2 day's i fitted most of the kit except the front bumper that can wait a while :eyebrows:

rather than just stick the kit on and paint it i thought i would go down the route of blending it all in :confused:

there go's another 2 day's work just on the one rear quarter ( dodging the rain ) so as you can see from the pic's it's not going to be done by the time i go back to work on tuesday :taped:

take no notice of the black spot's on the kit they are self tapping screw's to hold the kit inplace while it set's:blink: they will be removed & filled ,.,

this was all done on my own :lol:

day 2 got the front wing panel's on

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest craig-mkiv

this is where i have got up to so far filled , blended & shocking good look's :scare::eek::hide:

still need to sand it down then ready for grey primer :Pling:

I quite like it, got balls for doing it yourself! I'd definitely prime and paint indoors though!!

balls?...........

I may pop out in a 'mo and beat the crap outta my supe with a sledge........I'd be a real hero then.......... probably devalue the car equally too

balls?...........

I may pop out in a 'mo and beat the crap outta my supe with a sledge........I'd be a real hero then.......... probably devalue the car equally too

That wouldn't be balls, that would just be stupidity. Go for it though if it excites you ;)

That wouldn't be balls, that would just be stupidity. Go for it though if it excites you ;)

I think it'd be on par with this kit, In my opinion of course, each to their own, etc etc, I think (in my opinion again) that trying to fit this ugly(my opinion) kit on your driveway without the proper facilities is utter madness. I take it that is 'blended' on the rear bumper then high build primer?........It looks shocking, the kit looks poor quality and the blending stands out a mile, could just be the pics, so I will withold final judgment

I agree, bodywork is an art but he has done well (my opinion) on what's been done so far. As for the kit, it's still looks better than the Veilside options (my opinion). Of course I'll wait for the finished pics as it might go pear shaped, hope for Craig that it doesn't though! Robsheffield fitted & painted his car in his garage with his old man, came out a treat (in my opinion).

I thought after reading my above posts that I'd better clarify that I really do hope it turns out well, and wish you all the luck with it. I do like to be proven wrong from time to time ;) I do have my reservations but will keep them in check until I see the finished product.

take care

Rob