The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interior question. Thoughts and ideas please

edge

Right i have all the interior removed from my car in the back. All i have is headliner, seats and carpet plus all the dash etc.

I was going to have the rear part of the interior sprayed black.

I will be fitting a roll cage and have a fire extinguisher where the bottom of the rear seats used to be.

Track days in mind!

But i was thinking instead of spraying it what are your thoughts on having it lined with some of that acoustic carpet or similar. Does not have to be acoustic just black (main carpet black) and easy to work with..

Thanks

James

Homer and myself have been discussing this on another thread when I asked about removal of rear seats.....

Apparently it's a pain to carpet the empty rear of the car... but I'd love to get it done to make it look as OEM as possible.

Homer and myself have been discussing this on another thread when I asked about removal of rear seats.....

Apparently it's a pain to carpet the empty rear of the car... but I'd love to get it done to make it look as OEM as possible.

Thats why i was thinking of using quite thin stuff but i have no idea where to start.

Edge

I am guessing you are thinking along the same lines as what I have done - no rear seats, cage, fire extinguisher, etc

I bought a load of grey carpet (very thin stuff) to line bare interior at it has come up really well. If you want any advice re parts removal, give me a shout. May have enough carpet spare to do yours, if you want to buy it, lol

Hi there ,

I now you lads would like a quick fix so why dont you buy some porche carpet and a can of my special spray glue and i asure you that that any one could mould this carpet for it is very forgiving and stretchy and also superb quality and thats wot we all like if some one can measure the amount of carpet needed for the job ill sort out some do it yourself kits wot do you think.

always start from the midldle and work it outwards ok

Hi there ,

I now you lads would like a quick fix so why dont you buy some porche carpet and a can of my special spray glue and i asure you that that any one could mould this carpet for it is very forgiving and stretchy and also superb quality and thats wot we all like if some one can measure the amount of carpet needed for the job ill sort out some do it yourself kits wot do you think.

always start from the midldle and work it outwards ok

Thanks.

Can you take a pic of this stuff please? As i was thinking of some sort of felt, just different and easier than spraying.

Hi there,

If you would like a piece just pm me your address and ill send you a sample as you wont get the proper feel of the stuff and as for sray glueing it in ,this special stuff i have you can control the nozzle so you get accuracy and also you can mask up areas you are not carpeting and it is a pressure activated glue so if you dont want too much of a permanent fix then dont rub it down to hard it will easily strip out.

Hi ya Homer,

It is good stuff it wouldnt be used in porsches otherwise ,it is so nice you would want it in your house and also so flexible and stretchy even BART could fit it LOL but im not sure what BART would be like with a spray can .LOL

lol, would be be able to recommend any suppliers for this carpet? I have absolutely no idea when it somes to triming so wouldn't know where to begin to look!