The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What would you consider as BPU?

supra_si

Im new to the supra and to be honest theres so much out there on the market for these cars i dont know where to start.

theres lots of shiney toys that can be added to dress it up but im basically after making it run to its potential.

the car is a stock j spec gz engined beast waiting to be unleashed

thanks in advance

thanks. i was wondering what people have done to theirs as first mods too

The first mods I would do, before thinking about upping the power would to make sure the handling and stopping of the car was set up well

1. Optional bigger (4pot/2pot) Supra brakes

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=98436

2. Good Quality brake pads (I'd fit a set of Endless CC-X or TRD

pads)

3. Braided brake lines.

4. Decent brake fluid (Motul or TRD).

5. Good suspension set up.

6. Good quality set of tyres.

After that the first 'performance' mods I would do would be.

1. Intercooler

2. Exhaust

morning nic lol.

well ive got braided brake lines and a decent set of tyres on from the previous owner so check on those.

the suspension im not sure about but the 18s sit nicely in the arches and the ride is quite bumpy but thats possibly due to the tyres.

morning nic lol.

well ive got braided brake lines and a decent set of tyres on from the previous owner so check on those.

the suspension im not sure about but the 18s sit nicely in the arches and the ride is quite bumpy but thats possibly due to the tyres.

From past experience, I would first make sure everything is in tip top condition mechanically. They are getting on in years now and things wear out, these would be the things I'd be spending my money on initially, before thinking about more power. Not as sexy and exciting, but the wisest option :)

If your car still has the factory fitted intercooler, this would be the first thing I would replace before upping the boost and I wouldn't replace with a cheap ebay special either ;) I'd personally fit either a new OE Toyota/GReddy SMIC or GReddy/HKS/ARC 3 row.

yeh i was thinking about getting a headgasket and cambelt change sorted before hand and a decent service on fluids etc but was wondering if i was gettign the cambelt done would it be wise to get new cams and the hks belt

A head gasket change isn't necessary, cam belts should be changed at 60K miles or 6 years. Also check on the condition of the harmonic balancer (front lower crank pulley), there have been a lot of these that have failed recently.

Depends how much you want to spend, HKS cams wouldn't be something I'd fit until a LOT further down the line.

See attached service manuals.

SCHEDULED_SERVICES_TUROB.PDF

SCHEDULED_SERVICES_NON_TURB.PDF