The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivsupra.net snowboard & ski trip 2008/9

Ian W

Which of these three dates are we going away?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these three dates are we going away?

• Sat 10th - Sat 17th January 2009
    • Sat 17th - Sat 24th January 2009
    • Sat 24th - Sat 31st January 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen!! (and you Matlee :D)

THIS is the start of me (along with the help of 2JG, Ian R and JuanChan) trying to organise our 2008/9 snowboard & ski trip as per the other thread in Off Topic.

This is the list of people that were interested at the end of that thread. Can anyone not in this list that's interested please add themselves to it, and by the same token any who are not SERIOUS about this trip please remove themselves from the list.

1. Ian W - CONFIRMED

2. JuanChan - CONFIRMED

3. 2JG - CONFIRMED

4. Ian R - CONFIRMED

5. tDR - CONFIRMED

6. tDR's better half - CONFIRMED

DATES

Decided! We're looking at going away the week 17th to the 24th January 2009.

DESTINATION

A week in Val Thorens is the deal, currently looking at a road trip down and hiring a chalet for us all.

More the merrier guys :)

PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY CHAT NOT RELATED TO THIS SPECIFIC TRIP WILL BE DELETED.

Edited by Ian W
remove Mr Hanky (see edit history)

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm up for anything pre-the end of January. Obviously don't want to go too early in the season and miss out on any snow, but the following weeks would be good with me (all Sat-Sat):

Dec 13th-20th

Jan 10th-17th

Jan 17th-24th

Jan 24th-31st

Christmas and New Years will be too pricey, but I guess most people won't be wanting to go for those two weeks anyway.

I'm easy too, so it's looking more likely to be a January date.

Feel free to mention to others as well guys, not entirely sure how visible this thread is to the masses.

Any level welcome as I'm a relative beginner as I'm sure others are too.

:)

Is it possible to modify the poll so that multiple weeks can be voted for, to indicate someone's flexible? At the moment, I have no Jan plans for '09 (I have no plans for next week, let alone next year! :)), so I'm happy with any of those weeks :)

Is it possible to modify the poll so that multiple weeks can be voted for, to indicate someone's flexible? At the moment, I have no Jan plans for '09 (I have no plans for next week, let alone next year! :)), so I'm happy with any of those weeks :)

No...sod off :D

Just kidding mate. I can't add that option but perhaps one of the mods can.

If you want to, just don't vote and we know you're happy with any of those :)

maybe if everyone is happy with the month of jan we can choose a more specific date based on location and price as this can vary on week to week.

just a thought

Not a bad thought either.

Will see if anyone has a particular preference first and if we're all open to those weeks mentioned we can look closer at dates dependent on price.

:)

No...sod off :D

Just kidding mate. I can't add that option but perhaps one of the mods can.

If you want to, just don't vote and we know you're happy with any of those :)

:p At least you all know I'm easy :D

maybe if everyone is happy with the month of jan we can choose a more specific date based on location and price as this can vary on week to week.

just a thought

Probably a good idea. I guess people could shout out now if they know they'll be unavailable one of those weeks, otherwise, get hunting guys :)

Right guys, after a chat with Ian R we've pretty much chosen the week of 17th to 24th.

Ian's going to see what prices he can get as he has access to some sort of discount.

Anyone else, feel free to look at detinations etc here based on six people and we'll take it from there.

What have you got? ;)

I'm booked up to go skiing in Lapland (Levi, Finland) again in March next year but could be up for an additional week in the good part of the snow season. Other half will want to come too assuming we're doing other halfs!

This year I went to Tignes Le Lac, France in January and absolutely loved it - wouldn't mind going back to Tignes if we could get a good deal. We stayed in the Village Montana Apartments (self catering) but if going again would stay in the Village Montana Hotel just up the road as we used some of the facilites there and were very impressed with it.

Also the slopes of Le Lac were the best with the nicest blue and red runs, some of them really long. We had the 3 valleys pass so ventured over to Val d'Isere but were not impressed - it was much more 'old fashioned' with crappy chairlifts etc. in comparison.

I suspect Lapland may be the cheapest option for a club trip given it's costing me and the other half £342 each including our lift passes through Inghams. They seem really good pricewise for snow holidays - have a look at http://www.inghams.co.uk

Stick me and the other half on the list :)

Cheers,

Brian.

17th-24th is ok with me.

Tignes is a good resort and would get my vote if we can find a good deal there.

I went to Val Thorens last season, and the four of us who went all agreed that we'd go back in a flash. The entire resort is also completely above the treeline, so if anyone fancies a quick venture off the pistes, there's no forests to worry about :)

£342 for the holiday and lift passes is fantastic value!