The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2jzge engine into non toyota cars? I want a project!

Sparky

Ive been thinking about this for a while.

My friends got a healthy stock 2jzge engine and anothers got a fully working/driving Hillman hunter, both of which want rid of them.

I personally think the hillman hunter (although was not as good as the ford cortina) still looks cool and this one is in excellent condition and he wants almost nothing for it. So, cheap rwd 1970's car with very little work needed + 2jzge engine.

Could it work?

Getting the engine in wouldnt be too bad as the hunters engines are quite big and the engine bay is large. but what about the gearbox and propshaft, not to mention the ecu and wiring!

Ive been looking for a project for some time now but maybe this is too out of my league even with a full mechanics garage and lockup at my disposal.

The gearbox in Hunters was a bit iffy with the stock engine. You'd need the Toyota box, and a different (Live axle Jag?) axle. Major project, even WITH a good workshop. I sometimes dream of a Vauxhall Ventora with a Skyline engine. I sometimes dream about all sorts of things. Few of them come to fruition. Those that do might well better be called nightmares, these days.

Volvo 240's, 740's and 940's have been converted to 2JZ* power successfully. Stock axle will just about live with it, so will a stock Volvo manual box. Still a LOT of work though.

Personally i think it would be cool in a Robin Reliant!!:D

A recent pub conversation with a mate did bring up the idea of using his spare S14a 200sx engine and planting it into a Robin.

The fact that it would spend most of its time on two wheels put an end to that idea though.

Given enough time, money, experience, tools, peace offerings to the wife etc, I would love to get an old 2000GT or Fairlady to tidy up :)

Like a 70's celica gt or skyline but its probably wishfull thinking as i cant find any for sale over here.

My mate had an original 69 Datsun Skyline, straight6 2.4(iirc) with Janspeed turbo, gave type R's a run for their money;)

He sold it for a measily 1500quid before I had the chance to buy, bummer

Trying to gain Traction was fun!:)

to fair there is a point to these ignore the 3 wheeler but what about

a Reualt 5

Nova

mirca

fiesta

something small and light weight, would be a right sleeper.

As cool as this would be wouldn't a transmission tunnel need to be made through the centre of the car??? Unless the engine was mounted in the back ;) :D

Problem with doing it to a 180sx /200sx is the fact that a slightly modded one would be faster than a 2JZ-GE.....although it would be more refined :cool: