The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wideband gauges question

steb9780

I'm having lots of issues with my Innovative LC-1. Keeps dropping its calibration for some reason. I have noticed on innovatives forums that other users are having the same problem and I can't figure mine. It is probably a power issue but everything is installed nicely pulling power and grounding from the 12v/cigarette lighter.

Are there any of you who has experienced the same?

I'm having lots of issues with my Innovative LC-1. Keeps dropping its calibration for some reason. I have noticed on innovatives forums that other users are having the same problem and I can't figure mine. It is probably a power issue but everything is installed nicely pulling power and grounding from the 12v/cigarette lighter.

Very likely to be a ground issue, make sure you use a decent location.

Seen that many times when they are connected to the Cig 12v

The ground offset causes all sorts of issues.

Also sometimes the 12v supply is not man enough for the sensor heater and creates error codes.

Ground onto the chassis near the ECU.

Ryan

P.s Innovate always for me but the AEM gauges work fine also

Seen that many times when they are connected to the Cig 12v

The ground offset causes all sorts of issues.

Also sometimes the 12v supply is not man enough for the sensor heater and creates error codes.

Ground onto the chassis near the ECU.

Ryan

P.s Innovate always for me but the AEM gauges work fine also

Hey, thanks a lot! :) So you think i'm loosing the calibration due to bad ground?

when you say the 12v supply is not man enough, what would you suggest? Pull directly from battery? I have no issues with the warmup cycle. it seems to work every time.

Why ground close to ECU and where is that grounded?