The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any idea on cost to spray engine bay?

fri3ndly

if you have a stock colour that you can get aerosols for with a bit of patience you can do it yourself, the bit that takes the time is the masking, i had my car resprayed from silver to blue but was not prepared to pay for the engine bay to be done, there is an engine pic in my garage but this gives an idea of the finish you can get with a bit of practice

car 018.jpg

if you have a stock colour that you can get aerosols for with a bit of patience you can do it yourself, the bit that takes the time is the masking, i had my car resprayed from silver to blue but was not prepared to pay for the engine bay to be done, there is an engine pic in my garage but this gives an idea of the finish you can get with a bit of practice

That looks good. I did consider that to be honest. I have just sprayed lots of various parts for my car. I may have a go at it, it cant look any worse than the stupid primer colour that it is.

Did you remove any parts to do it?

Guest monsterman

i am a newbie to this club but have been in business for 18 months now doing car body repairs so if anyone wants there engine bay doin (yes with engine in) let me know

Guest monsterman

i have plenty of work from my regular customers i have not come into this club as a trader would just like to meet genuine supra owners and maybe help them with there bodywork repairs:( thankyou

Guest monsterman

accepted you see i am not to clever on the mechanical side so if i can help anyone on the paint side they could help me on the mechanical side as i have mainly been a bmw driver up until last year when i got into jap cars starting with a scooby evo now the supra and i could do with as much knowledge on these as possibly :cool:

I would go with Paul's idea of DIY

Remove the airbox the relay box,charcoal canister + ignitor and ps res and also pop the battery out you should be fine for coverage then its a case of masking really well and degreasing it properly.

Good luck :)

Thanks colsoop

Yeh I think that looks like the best option, there isnt that much there to spray anyway really!

Will probably do it over easter if I have time. Goota finish the dash off first :D

I would go with Paul's idea of DIY

Remove the airbox the relay box,charcoal canister + ignitor and ps res and also pop the battery out you should be fine for coverage then its a case of masking really well and degreasing it properly.

Good luck :)

spot on Col, get as much of the clutter out of the way and i did mine in 2 goes a side at a time, mask up well and cover the whole car up with sheets otherwise you will end up with overspray even as far away as the rear tail gate