The mkiv Supra Owners Club

birdstrike

supra_si

Technically not leagal but loads of members have them.

Really? I have a stick on, was like it when I bought the car. The owner told me it was legal as long as it was the same font and size lettering as normal number plates.

I have been pulled by the police before and they didnt even mention it :)

Its been changed recently I think. But to be honest I dont think a copper will bother you about it. The sizing is probably correct which is why people were suprised to see it become illeagal. Eitherway the cops probably wont bother with it, mine is tiny and they never bother with me. If they do do you for it the max is £30 fine and maybe a producer.

I think some older cars have had sticker plates... the one that comes to mind is the Jaguar E type, I wonder if it was something that used to be legal? might be a law that very few people know, care about or enforce? I looked at some supras with front sticker plates.

Not legal whatsoever. It may be the right plate size and have the right sized and spaced lettering, but according to the letter of the law, it hasnt got the correct reflectivity.

That said, as long as it looks as close to a legal plate as possible and its clearly visible from straight ahead, you shouldnt get much grief from the police...I've got one and its been seen up close and personal by the local police several times, received no more than a passing comment each time.