The mkiv Supra Owners Club

auto spoiler & whats that in the boot?

AgtX80

Is there any way to keep the spoiler down all the time? It goes down from pressing the switch when i have ignition on, but when i start the engine it goes back up & then the switch doesnt work.

Whats under that grey vent thing in the boot? i can see some pipes going to it, but cant see whats under the cover.

hmm, is it not noticable when you drive when it comes down automatically cause i havent noticed so far. I have the auto off not pushed in.

It lowers at 60+mph, so you won't hear/notice it lowering. It retracts when you fall below 40ish mph, and I've never heard mine retract either! :)

Guest Garfy
I was just about to post that!

I will have ask Garfy if he can have a go at mine, as its one of the things I've been meaning to get done ever since I've had the car.

Yep, no worries mate, I can do that for you ;)

Guest Garfy
Would you really? That would be absolutely great :)

Does it entail a lot of fiddling about, and is it controllable from the active spoiler switch on the dash?

Its a bit of work yes, it requires two relays and runing about 4 wires from the front bumper to the switch (that way you dont mess with the original loom at all), and yes it does use the original switch, I use down for erm down, lol and auto off for up.

But yes, I have no probs doing that, in nicer weather this time though, lol :)

• 2 weeks later...