The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spraying Dash

fri3ndly

What colour shall I spray the dash?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What colour shall I spray the dash?

• Arden Blue
    • Toyota Silver No. 2
    • Neither - See my suggestion

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeh I like the idea of the dark grey that lukeboy mentioned, but I think I am going to go with silver. Will match the steering wheel and handbrake coover I am going to get etc.

Does anyone know how you can convert the WHOLE dash to another colour? I saw a blue MG the other day and the whole interior was cream leather. I think it looked really smart.

Guest CoolsBlue
I just did a quick photopshop of Blue dash.

I think it would look wicked if somehow the WHOLE dash could be sprayed. ANyone any ideas on how this could be done? :eyebrows:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=72541&stc=1&d=1205847138

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=72542&stc=1&d=1205847138

youll need to mix the correct amount of flex into the paint to stick to that,

:D What was your technique to doing it?

Took it right back to the plastic with a b&q mouse sander. If you are left with any heavy scraches use 1500 wet and dry once done...primed 2 coats painted 2 coats then 2000 wet and dry to remove imperfections b4 i gave it 2 coats of laqure and dont rush it, i left it over night between paint coats.

2000 wet and dry can be used at the end to get rid of any bits of sh*t that may have flown in...then just compound and polish after that if need be.

All done in a warm garage with spray cans:d:d

good luck mate....

Took it right back to the plastic with a b&q mouse sander. If you are left with any heavy scraches use 1500 wet and dry once done...primed 2 coats painted 2 coats then 2000 wet and dry to remove imperfections b4 i gave it 2 coats of laqure and dont rush it, i left it over night between paint coats.

2000 wet and dry can be used at the end to get rid of any bits of sh*t that may have flown in...then just compound and polish after that if need be.

All done in a warm garage with spray cans:d:d

good luck mate....

Cheers for that:) I think I'll give it a go when i dont need the car for a few days.