The mkiv Supra Owners Club

few questions

RobD

hi i will be gettin myself a supra for my 21st but wanted to now a few things first before i go out and buy! first of i'm wantin a twin turbo but wanted to now what the automatic gearbox is like in them? i'd rather have manual but they seem to be quite rare! ill have about 5-6k to spend but want a decent one! also i have a baby might sound a bit of a joke but does any one manage with a car seat in the back or will i need a run about 2 lol?!

rob

well ill be holdin out til i get a decent one! longer im looking more money ill have to spend on one! wouldnt mind a uk tt but dnt really wana save that long lol but they are cheaper to insure for me instead of the imports! what bhp is the normal tt got i no the uk is 326 or summat aint it!

i pay £2600!! if you do buy a supra, go for a tt 1st place if you can!! i had to go for a n/a when a was 20 and now that im tt it is so nice... very fast mate!!

ohh and if you have a megane coupe, you will be surprise how small a supra can be!! especial if you are tall... lol...

good luck!

Welcome to the club dude.

how old are u danny? if u dont mind me askin and who's your insurance with? i put my details in confused and they came back with some right colourful quotes lol im 6"4 to but baby goes behind the misses neway!

You'll prob find insurance for imports are about the same, regardless of being NA or TT.

And being 6'4" you'll have the drivers seat right back against the rear seats. I'm 6'3" and could do with an extra inch or two legroom in all honesty. Not that I'm complaining, it's a comfortable place to be sat cruising along a motorway :)

what bhp is the normal tt got i no the uk is 326 or summat aint it!

The J-spec TT is quoted as having around 280bhp, but everyone agrees that this is only an underestimate due to a "gentleman's agreement" between Japanese car manufacturers. The true figure is much closer to the UK's 326bhp.

Guest wallicechick

Think the insurance made a mistake wen we got our quote! 23years old, male, 1year ncb, fully comp! £1200!!!

But we were straight in there, their problem, not ours!

Think the insurance made a mistake wen we got our quote! 23years old, male, 1year ncb, fully comp! £1200!!!

Price sounds good but still plausible. But make sure they quoted him on a mkiv supra and not a mkiii. It's a common mistake by the insurance call centres, and he'll be up the creek without a paddle if he has a crash and the insurers have the car down as a mkiii.