The mkiv Supra Owners Club

autobox stupid question

nickball75

Hello everyone, new supra owner here. I have a 95' SZ N/A. my question is probably obvious but I didnt get a user manual with the car and I dont want to knacker my car trying it.

Whilst in motion in automatic can you push the manual button and start driving in manual??

Also, when using manual, is this correct?

1st Gear = L

2nd gear = 2

3rd gear = D

Cheers Guys

Hello everyone, new supra owner here. I have a 95' SZ N/A. my question is probably obvious but I didnt get a user manual with the car and I dont want to knacker my car trying it.

Whilst in motion in automatic can you push the manual button and start driving in manual??

Also, when using manual, is this correct?

1st Gear = L

2nd gear = 2

3rd gear = D

Cheers Guys

Yes :) Theres a full list of all the tricks it can do in the technical doofer section o this site.

I always thought that, but mine definitely kicks down when in manual mode and in 2 or D and you boot it.

I cant get mine to kick down at all in manual mode. One slightly odd thing however is that if I am in drive and the box in top gear when I switch to manual mode it stays in OD. It will only change down If I move the stick.

I cant get mine to kick down at all in manual mode. One slightly odd thing however is that if I am in drive and the box in top gear when I switch to manual mode it stays in OD. It will only change down If I move the stick.

That's quite weird. I would have thought manual mode does as you describe, and hold the gear you select (within reason, so as to not blow the box up), but mine behaves exactly as it does when in D with manu mode off. Never had an issue with it, and I rarely drive in manu mode so it's not a big issue for me, but odd all the same.