The mkiv Supra Owners Club

door card removal

couv3z

• 1 year later...

I know before you say it ... its a hugley old thread but had to revive it :)

I tried to remove my door cards yesterday and get to look at my central locking issue and i cant seem to get it off , got it to the stage where i can pull it off at the bottom.

i have unscrewed all the bolts etc but the plain black plastic covers( without the tiny hole) i just feel they will snap if i pull them hard :(

Will they be ok to pull or is there anyway of poping them out easier ??

cheers guys

I know before you say it ... its a hugley old thread but had to revive it :)

I tried to remove my door cards yesterday and get to look at my central locking issue and i cant seem to get it off , got it to the stage where i can pull it off at the bottom.

i have unscrewed all the bolts etc but the plain black plastic covers( without the tiny hole) i just feel they will snap if i pull them hard :(

Will they be ok to pull or is there anyway of poping them out easier ??

cheers guys

As in the black plastic clips? They're pretty flimsy things anyway. Just push the middle bit in iirc?

Honestly not a difficult thing to do mate, and if I remember right, the top of the card hooks over the door, so you need to lift it as well as pull?

Just thought I'd mention that as you said you could pull from the bottom.

From memory:

3 push in fasteners on the end of the card

4 /5 screws along the bottom near the sill

one screw in the compartment / door pull.

One last screw that sits behind the door handle (think you have to remove this)

Once all undo, you should be able to lift the card off (upwards)

top left of the drivers door, the place that gets covered by the dash once the door is closed.

Hope thats a good enough description

They are just plastic covers with a screw hidden underneath, i used a very small flat headed screwdriver to slide behind the plastic cover and with a twist they just pop off.

Right then ...

Finally got door cards off and checked all connections and dried everything i could see with a hair-dryer , But it still hasnt done anything :(

funny thought though... when i press the unlock button in the car , it unlocks fine but there is a ticking noise coming from the passenger air vent , which is where the relay is ( or so iv been told ) and when i press the lock button theres no sound at all.. this leads me to believe ive narrowed it down to a faulty relay box.

I took the bottom glove box out (facelift 97) and tried to find the box but to no avail, its covered with plastic parts and random things i have no idea about :( ... question is how the hell do i get it out or at least get to it ?

cheers again

Edited by Lee_e (see edit history)

Sounds like you should have someone that know something look at it!!! :D

Does seem that way :) I admit that im not that confident enough to go "fiddling" with things, and as its my daily drive, i dont really wanna be messing around with stuff.

Might go see someone at AFR next week, see if they can have a butchers, cheers for the help and im pretty sure this thread can be burried again :)