The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need help, they conned me out my car.

Guest pete0527

Guest pete0527

Hey guys, im needing your help. I just sold my supra and to my horror, i was given fake bank notes mixed in with real ones. They were good fakes too. So im out of pocket in a big way and cant get hold of these scum bags.

Can people keep an eye out for the car, i know its in England somewhere roughly in the lancs area, but the address i got on the v5 was a fake. Mobile number they used was a throw away and the email iv got is no good.

My cars a 1993 mk4 sup with a damaged vader front bumper, it was missing a rear spat and had supra in white on the sunstrip. Number plate reads L987 XHY. The cars white with vader kit and lexus 18 wheels. If you see the car or know where it is, i would love to know. Cheers

Guest pete0527

Police say its a civil matter. They also say that the bank need to persue it as they have the notes, if i still had them, they could investigate further. Its a total nightmare, because some of the notes were real i cant even report the car stolen.

Guest pete0527

My mate lost his car with a fake bankers draft, from now on, im going to take the buyer into the bank and have the cash checked there and then. Trust no one, sorry state of affairs!

Cash is best IMO even a bankers draft can be cancelled!, but go to the bank and pay it in before giving them the keys, its the only way!.

A bankers draft is near impossible to cancel - its actually the bank that sign the check, not the person. They guarantee the money is there and take it out of the other persons account into the banks holding account.

Ironic really how they charge £10 for you to transfer money into there account, considering it takes 4 days to clear, which gives them 4 days of intrest from YOUR money :blink:

My mate lost his car with a fake bankers draft, from now on, im going to take the buyer into the bank and have the cash checked there and then. Trust no one, sorry state of affairs!

Just look after no 1 mate. I do!

When I sold my supra, the bloke must of thaught WTF!!! i did recipts for the deposit, and when he took it with the time and date ect as i didnt want any speeding fines and points coming my way from his drive home!

Police say its a civil matter. They also say that the bank need to persue it as they have the notes, if i still had them, they could investigate further. Its a total nightmare, because some of the notes were real i cant even report the car stolen.

That's cr@p mate, hope you get sorted.

I can't believe someone's handing counterfeit notes arround and the police aren't interested. Sounds wrong to me.

Describe the people you sold it to, that would help! What's a Vader kit look like? Post photos of the car. What do you want us to do if we see it, shoot the driver, make a citizens arrest, ask to buy fake notes for handy money, ask to buy the car? :)

All of the above. We just need to arrange it in the right order:D

A bankers draft is near impossible to cancel - its actually the bank that sign the check, not the person. They guarantee the money is there and take it out of the other persons account into the banks holding account.

Not true.

If your bank cashier accepts a fake draft they will not honour it. They're not the guarantee you think they are.

Not true.

If your bank cashier accepts a fake draft they will not honour it. They're not the guarantee you think they are.

Thats because its a fake draft though. A real draft is a guarantee and cannot be cancelled.

Scott =op