The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another tale of woe - Hit and Run outside my house :(

MrRalphMan

Didn't think I'd have to write up a thread regarding this, well hoped I wouldn't have too.

I had just come back from Tesco with my little boy in the car, uploaded and got inside and was looking out the front window when a white van go past very fast with an accompaning clanging noise, which I just thought was an empty box van rattling. I then noticed the car alarm going off.. as per Toyota's alarm, didn't hear it but noticed the indicators going off.

Went outside and found the damage in the pictures below.. :(

So no details from the van and he didn't even slow down. Went for a quick look, but no joy.

So it's my turn to see how good Sky Insurance is when you need it..

03170001.jpg

03170004.jpg

03170005.jpg

03170006.jpg

03170007.jpg

03170008.jpg

03170002.jpg

03170003.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blimey - sorry to hear. What is that post thing sticking out? Looks like something those vans have on the side to carry bit sheets of glass. Anyone got CCTV nearby you could check? (e.g. local shops). Hate it when f*&kers get away with things like this.

Oh no thats real bad mate, whats that sticking out? the van trim ??, must be worth telling the police as it would be easy to spot the damage and match the trim

Yeh. Its a criminal offence to leave to scene of the accident. Min 5 points and £100 fine. He cant exactly say he didnt know it had happened now can he? The police will be interested as he didnt stop;)

:(

Gutted for you mate. This is one of my main fears if I have to park my car on a public highway. There are some real bad people around.

Tell me about it. A woman drove strait into my mates car a couple of weeks ago and tried to blame him. The police even got sent over by her, who straight away said it was all her fault. But the check, a dustbin lorry got past the same day for gods sake!

Sorry to see this mate. There'll likely be more damage to the van than just his trim (if that's what the thing sticking out of your wheel arch is) missing.

Get it reported as a hit and run just to cover yourself anyway. (The insurer may want the accident report number anyway) You never know, it might be involved in something else for which it comes to the attention of the Police.

Just been to see the police, filed a report but they were not interested as I had no details of the VAN.. :(

Oh no thats real bad mate, whats that sticking out? the van trim ??, must be worth telling the police as it would be easy to spot the damage and match the trim

Thanks dude, see above about the police..

Jesus. Thats really bad:blink:. He must have been going some too! Im dead sorry for you mate:(. Hopefully sky will put you right:)

He was moving some down our little road, the little cnut.

my best bet if there are any places near you with cameras would be worth checking as you could spot the damaged van on there

blimey - sorry to hear. What is that post thing sticking out? Looks like something those vans have on the side to carry bit sheets of glass. Anyone got CCTV nearby you could check? (e.g. local shops). Hate it when f*&kers get away with things like this.

Thanks, only local place is the school at the top of the road, but they do not cover outside the property.. :(

Yeh. Its a criminal offence to leave to scene of the accident. Min 5 points and £100 fine. He cant exactly say he didnt know it had happened now can he? The police will be interested as he didnt stop;)

See above about the police.

Gutted for you mate, but do agree with the above, I think you should at least make an atempt on finding the one responsible.

I did run up the road and a neighbour took me out and about for a look... But no joy.

Sorry to see this mate. There'll likely be more damage to the van than just his trim (if that's what the thing sticking out of your wheel arch is) missing.

Get it reported as a hit and run just to cover yourself anyway. (The insurer may want the accident report number anyway) You never know, it might be involved in something else for which it comes to the attention of the Police.

Yep, I found some of his indicator in the road too...

ouch that's bad, I feel sorry cos that will take some time to fix, deal with insurance, new wheel etc etc. Could you knock on your neighbours doors and see if there are any witnesses?

A couple of them came out to say they saw a White van after the noise, but nothing more then that...

Just been to see the police, filed a report but they were not interested as I had no details of the VAN.. :(

Trust me they should be keeping an eye out. I rolled back into someone in a car park once, I thought nothing of it due to such a slow speed and went about my business. Some saw it happen and gave details of a red car. I was pulled over 30 mins later to check! I caused no daage and got 5 points and a £100 fine! Im not proud of it and I hold my hands up an admit that I was very wrong not to even get out, and paid for it. Hopefully the police will inform cars to keep an eye out and will do something similar.