The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interior Pic request - Supras with no rear seats

Pabs

Hey all,

As per title - does anyone have links to or photos of the supra with no rear seats?

Just wanted a few ideas of what it'd look like with nothing there - don't particularly want pictures of huge ICE installs instead tho.

Cheers!

thanks guys - Supradibbs only has 1 photo but Original Amo's doesn't have any.

Was wondering if anyone has taken rear seats out and put carpet/sound-deadening in to obviously remove a bit of weight..?

Sorry - my bad - should have been more specific - something that is in a fairly finished state.... I just want to see what it is like space-wise and see if it looks silly without them in.

I've seen from previous threads that Prof Monkey did the sort of thing I'm after, but the garage no longer has pics.

Basically removal of rear seats to save weight and gain additional space, but carpet the lot out to look very tidy and keep some noise out. I sometimes have to kart some large-ish things about with me so wondered if this would help.

To be honest Pabs I don't recall ever seeing pics here of someone who's carpeted the rear seat area. The shape is extremely awkward so I expect would need some sort of boarding to make it in anyway tidy. With the weight of the boarding needed you probably wouldn't see any real net weight loss.

I'd have liked to have done this too, but couldn't find a tidy AND lightweight way of doing it...

I've just put in a carpeted panel in the rear of Gaz1's car, the panel has a cutout for the transmission tunnel. It's tidy enough and Gaz is going to mount his fire extinguishers on it :)

Gaz is collecting his car this week and I'm sure he'd do a pic for you.

Gaz wasn't looking for weight loss but has lovely new front seats and no need for rears, so the rears were removed and a panel put in place.

thanks homer - I think i may have read his post wrong, looks like he did use some form of thin mdf...

It's weird as my previous car has carpet all under rear seats - it was one complete piece with the boot carpet. There was a small uncovered area, but otherwise it looked fine. I never did totally remove the seats tho.

I've just put in a carpeted panel in the rear of Gaz1's car, the panel has a cutout for the transmission tunnel. It's tidy enough and Gaz is going to mount his fire extinguishers on it :)

Gaz wasn't looking for weight loss but has lovely new front seats and no need for rears, so the rears were removed and a panel put in place.

ooh, i might send him a PM in a week or so then. Thanks for the tip-off.

I'm 6'4" ish, and with the front seat in the right position there is NO room at the back for anything, so it seems pointless carting around a fair chunk of weight in seats if they won't be used, and instead get wrecked by various items that I have to place on them.

ooh, would love to see some pics of this :)

thanks homer - I think i may have read his post wrong, looks like he did use some form of thin mdf...

It's weird as my previous car has carpet all under rear seats - it was one complete piece with the boot carpet. There was a small uncovered area, but otherwise it looked fine. I never did totally remove the seats tho.

If it was fully carpeted under the rear seats it would have been aftermarket. Fully understand your reasoning, it's the same as mine :) I'd just like to find a weight-effective way of doing it :D

If it was fully carpeted under the rear seats it would have been aftermarket.

No mate, not on my previous car (SEAT Leon) - as mentioned it wasn't quite fully carpetted - but the carpet from the boot extended right down and under the rear seat, but then there was about a 1 - 2 inch gap before it met the main carpet section. Came like that from the factory.

Anyway - that's neither here or there really - I'm wondering if somewhere like G&B or similar would do a job like carpet it all out... might do some reasearch into this when I've finally bought a supra :)

thanks mate - i definately know what your saying but I think that nothings impossible and someone might be able to do it ;) I suppose it depends how much money you want to throw at it as with everything...

Hell - my mum may even be able to do something with it!!! She's a dab hand with these sorts of things :lol: