The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who Said It Was Easy To Install A Headunit!

Guest SupraKingNI

Guest SupraKingNI

What a day i started at 12 this morning on my new headunit install and had alook on here. People were saying it was a gift but mine was a nightmare!! Removing everything eas fine no probs there in fact alot easier than i thought! But it was when i tried to put in the new headunit it would fit width ways so ended up jigsawing about 2mm off the side to make it fit then it. When i did put it in it just roled about didnt hold on to anything so install the metal guard that came with it! Trouble is it didnt attach onto anything so it still moved! In the end attached it as best as i could and push it in! Looks a tad shabby but going to spray the dashboard anyway and prob make a few alterations!!

What a day i started at 12 this morning on my new headunit install and had alook on here. People were saying it was a gift but mine was a nightmare!! Removing everything eas fine no probs there in fact alot easier than i thought! But it was when i tried to put in the new headunit it would fit width ways so ended up jigsawing about 2mm off the side to make it fit then it. When i did put it in it just roled about didnt hold on to anything so install the metal guard that came with it! Trouble is it didnt attach onto anything so it still moved! In the end attached it as best as i could and push it in! Looks a tad shabby but going to spray the dashboard anyway and prob make a few alterations!!
:rlol:

Guest SupraKingNI

I aint that bad!! I removed the dash as directed but still wouldnt fit in just going to build surround for the extra little space! dont know what to do with the top din space though. 30 mins i wish maybe i need the idiots guide!!

Guest SupraKingNI

it was a single din stereo took the dash board off as much as i could and tried to slip in but it just wouldnt stick to the old brackets! Thinmk looking at people threads should have removed the whol pannel and started from there!!

yeah, you need t rejmove the upper dash with the warning lights, then the speedo dash and the centre dash with the heater controls. You now have access to where the stereo sits. I fitted my new stereo to the metal cage, which just screwed into the car using the existing 4 screw holes. Then replace centre dash, speedo dash & top dash - all done

Jesus Christ. I have a simple step by step guide to remove head units from supras, that is used in the industry. I thought there was also a "how to guide on here"?

Please ask here before you hurt your supra again.