The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My 1st thread

Supra-love

Hi All just want to say hi to you all,i am getting a toyota supra 3.0ltr twin turb at the begining of next year 2009 saving in progress,i would like to get involved with all your events and get to know you all it looks like great times,Would love to upgrade the turbos when i get one but i DONT want to fork out on kits just two upgraded turbos is there anywhere i can do that? just the turbos on their own? Also if i did upgrade them would i need to upgrade anything else to make the car reliable for every day commutting? Please msg me thanks. Luke

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice response.. What i meant was you never know the state your turbos are in once you purchase the car,just to be safe i would like to get new turbos its not really for the speed just the peace of mind any extra BHP is great. but is their any specific turbo i can buy without going for the whole kit thing?

nice response.. What i meant was you never know the state your turbos are in once you purchase the car,just to be safe i would like to get new turbos its not really for the speed just the peace of mind any extra BHP is great. but is their any specific turbo i can buy without going for the whole kit thing?

The stock turbos use a unique flange to fit on the stock manifold, there are no aftermarket turbos available that will fit.

Your only option would be to fit either new OEM turbos or rebuilt stock turbos with new internals, generally known as 'Hybrids'.

I supply brand new OEM turbos for around £900 each delivered.

You're jumping the gun a bit Luke. You can find a lot of decent Supras, some low mileage still, with strong stock tubbies that are still pulling well. I'd suggest you enjoy the car you purchase in early 2009 first for a bit before thinking about upgrading the tubbies straight away. Always good to save though asap.

My hybrids were fitted by Phoenix Performance (Envy hybrids) at a total cost including parts and labour of £2200 iirc. That included an AFR, Boost controller and a few other bits too.

Only way of renewing your turbos without any major modification is as Nic and others have said to buy new stock tubbies or switch to Hybrids.

Keep us posted

Greg

Hi Vicky :love:

:kiss::blush::D

What a surprise:innocent:

Hi Blackie:spank:

sorry welcome

Hi Derrick :love:

:slap:

i thought i was your only one :tongue:

That's what he tells us all Vicky :blink:

Sorry, You werent ment to see that :(