The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Electric Gremilins

GoliathJay

I posted a thread a week or so ago about the right hand warning lights not working.

Took the board apart and the didn't need soldering, strange.

Yesterday they start to work, yay!

Today they don't.

But worse still , when I go to break, my headlight dim. Same when I indicate. AND my stereo turned off and on whilst driving :search:

Any ideas?

Incidently, I have just installed and sub/amp, and took the live from the main fuse block next to the battery, grounded it in the boot. Would it be a good idea to take the live direct from the battery terminal (The amp has a remote live from the head unit)

As always, thanks guys!

The lights diming happened after the install. I'll stick it on the battery live tomorrow. Just worried it would run the bat down not having it on the fuse bloc. But if its got a remote live it should be ok, right?

The dash lights werent working before the install, then worked, then didn't :taped:

Think you need to take that to an auto electritian. Don't want anything going on fire.

Its fine running straight off the battery. its a good idea to have an Inline fuse though. You can get them on ebay pretty cheap.

The remote live will turn the amp off when the ignition is off.

Scott =op

• 3 years later...
Guest civictyper2004

I've always wired amps straight from the battery with an in line fuse...

As for the oil\engine light panel when i took might out last weekend all the soldering etc. looked fine but on closer inspection it was the actual plug that had come loose from the board at two points so its worth giving it a jiggle to see if its a bad connection at that point. Also, there is a type of ribbon cable that joins the front to the back board - i would check that too :)

It coming on and off seems to indicate bad connection.

I've always wired amps straight from the battery with an in line fuse...

As for the oil\engine light panel when i took might out last weekend all the soldering etc. looked fine but on closer inspection it was the actual plug that had come loose from the board at two points so its worth giving it a jiggle to see if its a bad connection at that point. Also, there is a type of ribbon cable that joins the front to the back board - i would check that too :)

It coming on and off seems to indicate bad connection.

3 years too late bud ;)