Boot installs

Blackie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats sweet!!! Right, Well its not quite going to be up to that standard lol. Did you do all that? Bugger, Its just dawned on me mines going to be pants :(

Yeah i did indeed, took 3 months to do, but was working on other cars at the time. Just take your time, plan out what you want and measure lots lol. Having said that i do most of work by eye and from my head lol

That is one sweet looking install! :) Definately worth the effort.

I've built installs in the past and it pays to plan stuff out first. Once you have an idea find out if someone knows how to make it easier (ask on here). With every install I've made something has come to light afterwards that would make my life alot easier, especially if you are planning on working with fibreglass.

I've built installs in the past and it pays to plan stuff out first. Once you have an idea find out if someone knows how to make it easier (ask on here). With every install I've made something has come to light afterwards that would make my life alot easier, especially if you are planning on working with fibreglass.

Nice one, Got any picture of any you have done?

I like that very tidy :) I did not post any pics of other work I have done as they were not supra but if you want some ideas I can :)

Lucas, 2 x 15" subs would be a bit tricky to fit in a Supra boot due to the size of boxes needed compared to the depth of the boot on a Supe, think subs that size would be back seats out.

Each sub needs a certain volume of air so the air circulates properly. I really wouldn't bother in a Supra. You can get some lovely punchy 10" that would work brilliantly!

I got two 12" 400w Pioneers, I put one in the sub box i already have with my new jbl amp and it sounds good. need to make a box to fit the both in as the amp can run both. Its not critical to work out the air mass is it?

oh sorry about the hi-jack :D ive got a stelth box in my boot you can see that in my garage to

Just seen it, I'll tell you what, Thats a F'in good idea. It wouldent have to look good and i would still have the pathetic excuse for a boot.Seriously

The 310 RB can do lots, video output to additonal screens (coming soon), camera input, video input for consoles (360 going in soon as well), sat nav unit can be attached to, not much the headunit cant do :)

As for sub clearance, my subs sit 1.5 inch off the rear window, but only cause i chose to reverse mount them, cant have all that chrome out of site :)

As for shopping, thats what back seats are for, cant do much else with them, like actually take passengers lol..!!

Its not critical to work out the air mass is it?

not critical, subs have a box volume range, so tolerance is quite good. However a too small box or too large and the sub with sound cack.

Also depends on ported or sealed boxes, ported boxes have to be bigger then sealed.

Ported boxes give loud bass but not as deep, a sealed box will give tight deep bass.

The larger a sealed box is the lower the sub will play, but will handle less power, a smaller sealed box with give a higher frequency bass and the sub will handle more power.

All I say to anyone looking into ICE, all depends exactly what you want from your system.

Guest Gaz Shaw

Ha no really it look top draw stuff!

no back seat is no use for anythin tried it:innocent:

plus me bein 6'6 no body can sit behind me:innocent::D

i had some on show once in got taken at night:( but not this car

got to do mine for sunny days;)