The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dash colour opinions please

hoff

Im getting myself some El glow dials in the group buy that steve is running at the moment. Ive gone for a white dial. Im thinking that they may look a bit out of place in the dash so thought I may spray the dash.

I was thinking of silver but will that maybe stand out a bit much on a black supe? The other option I though of is a gun metal spray.

What are peoples opinions on these? Or do you have any other suggestions?

I did think of a carbon dash but cant really afford the ones nic does and the ebay stuff has a bit of a bad rep.

Cheers:)

I have some. I had just fitted the dash though so its not shiney and its covered in finger prints. Use your imagination to see how it could look. once i'm finished with it i'll take some proper pics lol.

2 ticks....

Scott =op

Guest CoolsBlue

silver tone out real nice on a black supra, mine is silver, but not fully, the speedo rings are black, ash tray is black, a the controls/clock etc, really look smart unlike the fully painted ones:)

Guest CoolsBlue
Fully painted ones don't look smart? I would say its the other way around, Non-fully painted ones look unfinished :p

Scott =op

no no, having the dash rings painted imo dont look very nice, the black bits on the dash look really nice and tone out well with the black interior, also ive done the driver side window control panel and handle surrounds, also having a silver headunit helps alot:eyebrows:wish my cam was working:d

no no, having the dash rings painted imo dont look very nice, the black bits on the dash look really nice and tone out well with the black interior, also ive done the driver side window control panel and handle surrounds, also having a silver headunit helps alot:eyebrows:wish my cam was working:d

I guessed what u meant, no offence meant was just pulling ur leg ;)

I did the drivers side window also. Looks a bit out of place if its not done the same colour as the rest.

I actually did the same with my MR2 although it was red so a bit OTT. Its all back to black now though.

Scott =op

I got fed up of trying to do mine and took it to local spray shop :) not perfect but looks 1000% better than my effort :)

I did the MR2 myself but decided to take the Supra dash into a bodyshop. Again not 100% perfect but a lot better than anything i could ever do.

You may be right. I might wait until they are in. Though I think im leaning towards a gun metal/grey colour if I do spray it. I like the gloss black and Ads blue works well with his wheel, so we'll see.

Keep 'em coming though;)