The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paypal eCheque WTF

SILKYSMOOTH

Just a little rant. Coz im getting a bit pissed off now

I need some rear tyres for the Supra so I bought some last Friday from a seller on ebay, and asked him if I was to pay today (last Friday) when would I receive the tyres? which the reply was Monday (4 days ago).

Paid by paypal (preferred payment method), and paypal sent an eCheque which still has not cleared yet, and they say it could take upto 7-9 days.....WTF.

Money has come out of my account yesterday and still ebay and paypal transaction is still pending/uncleared.

Taking the piss now...I have someone coming to buy the car on Saturday and I'm, still waiting for these tyres:( and the seller won't even send me them out until it clears despite several emails.

Make sure if you want to buy something and paying with paypal they don't send an eCheque coz it takes forever.

This isn't going to cheer you up but it sounds like its your own fault. ECheques are ghey, you should have set your PP account up to tie in with either your debit card or your account.

I have though, I have made many payments before on the same account and the money went through no problem. This is the 1st time it has ever happened.

I have a premier account and my card details also set up on the account.:blink:

It's sad isn't it, Michael is right, they ghost the money out of your account (this can take as little as 13-15 seconds on a decent OLTP banking system), use your money either in their accounts (to gain interest) or use it on other investments for the 7-9 days (christ that's long..) and then deghost it from their account to the recipient (again 13-15 seconds).

Cheques can be cleared within a minute by the systems, it is just mainly the middle men wanting to make money sadly :(

It happened to me once, they changed the set up even though i had bank funding as the main. Go back and change the setup so that your card or bank account is the main source of funding.

As michael says it is a plan to earn more interest on your hard earned.

B******** are costing me more money, will end up having to either send them back or if the potential buyer buys the car I will have to send them abroad to him.

When you setup paypal you can add credit and debit cards for instant transactions. You can also add a bank account with which you can pay using direct debits etc. I'm guessing the Echeque is just another way of paying direct from your account without using a credit/debit card.

I always use a credit card with paypal and ebay, just for a little more security in the event of fraud.

Scott =op

It happened to me once, they changed the set up even though i had bank funding as the main. Go back and change the setup so that your card or bank account is the main source of funding.

As michael says it is a plan to earn more interest on your hard earned.

I will check this out and change it if it not set to my card. Thieving b******, sitting on my money earning interest.

This is the most common complaint I get from new members. They pay their membership and a week later their account still doesn't show them as a member. It normally takes the full 10 days to clear too.

At least it's a minimum of 1 year membership so waiting upto 10 days to show your membership status should be no biggy....what are they complaining about;) I waited a while for my membership pack when I joined but I was patient and I wasn't going anywhere and it eventually arrived, I did not feel the need to enquire or send an email as to why I had not received it. Gotta have a little faith!

I doubt they are doing it to make interest on your money for 9 days.

Unless i'm missing somthing there is no benefit to either buyer or seller when using this form of E-cheque.............which tells me there IS something in it for the middle man........ie the banks or Paypal.

Has your credit card expired??

I had the same problem not too long ago and didnt realise that when your credit card expires, even though you have been issued with another one you have to renew your credit details with paypal because they have details of when your current one expires and not when a new one starts.

I had the same problem not too long ago and didnt realise that when your credit card expires, even though you have been issued with another one you have to renew your credit details with paypal because they have details of when your current one expires and not when a new one starts.

That,s what happened to me too. Once the new details were put in there was no problem.

I just added another credit card so, it should be okay now. Is there a section on Paypal to confirm the card as the primary payment source, rather than the bank account?

Maybe it's because I recently closed my account and re-opened it and my card details were not registered anymore.

This is the most common complaint I get from new members. They pay their membership and a week later their account still doesn't show them as a member. It normally takes the full 10 days to clear too.

Sorry, i'm guilty of that.

I don't get how you set it up to be instant? I have mine linked to my bank a/c, only used it for this membership and my new lip kit. both have tken about 9 days to clear.