The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MPG

Spike3.0

Im saying sorry already...

1. Because i reckon this has been discussed before and...

2. Its a Supra, i know its not a topic that should be in the same sentence.

But my excuse is im new to the game...only ever having 1.6 vtec honda's.

Im looking for my first Supra, it will be an SZ due to insurance etc.... but i was wondering (before i buy one) which is better the Auto or the manual. And what would i expect to see in terms of the MPG of the two (Non modded).

Il be traveling around 2 times a month form Chester to Taunton which is about 230 miles and at the min is costing me between £40-£50 each way in my thirsty Honda CRX SIR ( yes a hairdressers car).

And to top it off, it only has a 40 litre tank causing a refill 3/4 of the way there.

Big thanks for any help to a newbie in need!

Andy

I did Weymouth (Dorset) to Manchester on tuesday with 2 short stops.

Total journey was 570 miles and it cost me £85 which I was happy with especially as my mate was paying!

Jesus :blink: I done the same amount of miles over the weekend going up and down from Scotland from South Yorkshire and my total petrol bill was £140 and I was not exactly heavy footed as head office was in the passenger seat. Thats with 2 newish 02 sensors.

As was told too by a couple of members that TT vs N/A fuel was virtually the same.

Im saying sorry already...

1. Because i reckon this has been discussed before and...

2. Its a Supra, i know its not a topic that should be in the same sentence.

But my excuse is im new to the game...only ever having 1.6 vtec honda's.

Im looking for my first Supra, it will be an SZ due to insurance etc.... but i was wondering (before i buy one) which is better the Auto or the manual. And what would i expect to see in terms of the MPG of the two (Non modded).

Il be traveling around 2 times a month form Chester to Taunton which is about 230 miles and at the min is costing me between £40-£50 each way in my thirsty Honda CRX SIR ( yes a hairdressers car).

And to top it off, it only has a 40 litre tank causing a refill 3/4 of the way there.

Big thanks for any help to a newbie in need!

Andy

Hi matey i have bpu uktt and i regularly do aylesbury to plymouth which is about 240 miles and it usually uses about 45-50 quid depending on traffic

Chris

Hi matey i have bpu uktt and i regularly do aylesbury to plymouth which is about 240 miles and it usually uses about 45-50 quid depending on traffic

Chris

Sounds really good !

Cheers for all the replies !!!

I know you lot have heard it one million times already but its all new to me, im sure il have loads of questions similar in the future.

40-50 quid is good, same as now and i'd rather be driving a Supra than the CRX any day...far too small !

Although the wind on Monday pushed me along and i saved half the fuel !!! Im checking the weather reports every time i travel now.

Il be trying my best to keep the questions to a min so not to annoy everyone too much...

Cheers again Andy