The mkiv Supra Owners Club

quick question im 6ft5 would i fit in a supra

Guest bigemp

Guest bigemp

hi guys and gals im 6ft5 would i have leg and headroom in a supra either in the hardtop or aero model(yes i know in the aero i would have loads of headroom with roof off:d so no funny answers with that one lol),i currently drive a scoobie my 4th one and fancy a change as i need to get the mrs a runabout as well so not worried about lack of room in back seats for the kids,are there any other tall supra drivers out there,thanks for any help

cheers

Dave

Guest bigemp
I am nearly 6'4 and fit. I know of taller people with supras. Even Hulk Hogan had 2 supras so the answer is yes.

Roof of supra is dome shaped so headroom is no issue

Hi

Thats great forget about hogan yes remember him being in one with nick his son driving it,its a toss up between this and a skyline but prefer the look of the supra.

cheers m8

Dave

Guest bigemp
my mate is 6'6 (Marc T) and hes had 3 supras... Seats right back but he fits okay :)

hi jody

Thats great looks like a supra it will be then

cheers

Dave

Guest bigemp
Mate,

I'm 6ft 3 and around 17st - I fit in ok

Big Blue on here is 6ft 5 and around 19st and again no worries with the fit! ;)

sweet looks good then i think i will go for the aero model,your car looks sweet m8 turbo or n/a not sure yet,you happy with performance of yours or am i really wanna get a turbo model after always having imprezas??

cheers

Dave

Guest bigemp

I dont suppose any1 lives near newhaven,nr brighton east sussex i could come and have a look at there motor and try it out for size as cant seem to find anything local to look at

cheers

Dave

Guest bigemp
Hi mate, I live in East Sussex, and have an N/A aerotop for sale http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/413961.htm

hi yes did see your car for sale on ebay looks sweet,i even thought last night to ask if i could come and have a look just to see if if fitted but then changed my mind as didnt want to get your hopes up and waste ya time,i gotta sell my scooby first anyway,but will check back if and when mine goes.

cheers

Dave

Guest bigemp
There's loads of members over that way, but if nobody else offers then I'm in Hastings and you're welcome to come and see if you can fit in ok! :)

hi Mark

Thats great typical i was in hastings last week went to robertsbridge to look at new scooby,looks like you have a cracking car m8,i will maybe give you a shout if no one else nearer,thanks very much for the offer

cheers

Dave

Guest bigemp
Really? I'm only 6' 1" and my head's touching the roof.

hi tony,you are the only one that says head touching the roof you not sure you are 7ft1 or something:d

aaaaah now i really need to try one you love the aero model,its deffo what im gonna get i think any probs with this type any leaking roofs etc or are they pretty good.

cheers

Dave

Guest bigemp
Just over 6'4 here and i fit :) Have to have the seats right back and slightly inclined :) I don't fit in a 350Z too well though :(

hi

i tried a 350z and i could never drive one of them unless i chopped a couple of feet off,no room at all but a cracking motor

cheers

Dave

I tried a 350z convertible and looked like a tank driver, head stuck out the top!

If you go with a Supra, swapping to an aftermarket seat can really help on headroom. I am running Recaro Speed seats on Bride MO subframes (take a look in my garage). I am a lot lower in the car as a result and have loads of headroom (although my car is not an aerotop).

Guest bigemp
Good point, my Recaro's sit a lot lower than the standard seats. My girlfriend is only short and has trouble seeing over the dash lol..

I wonder also if there's less headroom in the aerotop because of the thickness of the panels?

i wondered about that with the aero also prob end up banging the back of my head everytime i hit a pothole lol

cheers

Dave