The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Isle of Man

cheekymonkey

As some of you know, myself and a few friends took a trip to the Isle of Man at the weekend, and all I can say is that it's well worth the trip.

The highlight of the island is of course the TT course, which is made up of public roads - so it can be a little annoying when you're stuck behind a small car doing 40 on an un-restricted road, but there are lots of places to safely overtake.

My favourite part of the course would be the mountain part, from the hairpin corner to Creg-ny-baa. Some of the views are stunning and the roads are amazing, especially for someone like me who's never had any track experience or pushed the car really hard. It's an amazing feeling doing 120+ mph on a public road, totally legally.

I'm impressed as to how well the Supra took the corners, too - I didn't even have any close calls or back end slippage and I put this down to getting the car prepared in time with a CW geo setup and not being silly with the loud pedal! I was able to keep up with the scooby and evo in our group, no problem.

While we were out there we met up with some guys from scoobynet and SIDC, and of course dani_r from here with his Supra. The scooby guys were really friendly and we had a blast over the mountains with some stops to have a chat along the way.

I was a little worried about getting on and off the Ferry with a lowered car, but it wasn't too bad at all. A little bit of scrapage on the way in, but nothing serious.

Accommodation wise we stayed here:

http://www.iomfarmholidays.com/

Highly recommend these cottages, plenty of parking and nice people too.

The other thing that made the holiday go really well was equipping each car with PMR radios, a must for small convoys!

Here are a few pics but I'm at work on my GPRS connection and haven't been able to upload many yet.