The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new(ish) wheels (Psst, Homer, they're your old ones!)

Smellywelshman

Woooohooooooooo , 5 weeks after aquiring these from Homer, Work Rezax 18's, they are finally done!!

They needed *ahem* a fair amount of TLC, and, if I knew then what I know now I probably wouldn't have gone for split rims in need of a refurb, know what I mean;).

But... after undoing, cleaning and re-torquing 144 studs (que slightly insane laughter). Taking the centres to and from the powder coaters twice, and loooooots of rim polishing (that sounds quite rude doesn't it!), they were ready for swapping the tyres from my old Advans onto the Works... Only to be thwarted by the ATS lads who pointed out that I needed two new rear tyres as the current ones were illegal. Que slightly more insane laughter, an afternoon searching the web avoiding my boss' eye and mucho fingering of an already depleated wallet, new tyres on order!

They have now been fitted and (in my opinion, which is all I really care about) look good. Much more classy than those dreadful Advans! And so ends another oderous adventure twixt Rob and his Supra!!

What do you think? Say whatever you like as they're NOT coming off or getting changed for quite a while!;)

Dash respray next, DIY job methinks!!:eyebrows:

1.JPG

2.JPG

Nice work Rob! They're sure look better :D

Wish I'd kept them now!

No, no you dont! See above posts!!

Nah, they're really good quality alloys for a bonzer price mate. Had a bit of a brown trouser moment when I heard a big whooshing sound as the alloy I'd had to reseal was being filled with air! But it was a dodgy valve! Whew!

One of the *oo*ing rear wheels is only blahdy leaking air isn't it!!!!

Through the chuffing seal between the two halves of the rim too. I know because I pumped the tyre up to 45psi and stuck it in the bath. Missus weren't too pleased as she watched me roll it through the front room and carry it up stairs I can tell thee!:D

Cant believe my luck sometimes:(! So its back down to ATS with the wheel! Pull the tyre off and reseal it over the weekend! Uh oh, I can feel a bout of that insane laughter coming on again!