The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japanese Performance finally has change of heart

hoff

I've just been reading the issue of Japanese Performance and noticed they finally seem to rate the supra as they should.:)

Towards the back of the mag they often have their ratings for the top jap cars. All the skylines, evos and imprezas have always had a 5 star rating. Where as the supra always came in with a 4 star rating. I always thought this was daft considering the supras looks and tuning ability. Especially as the supe comes out the cheapest as 3 spent per increase in BHP.

I think the increase in stature with them is a testiment to some of the members on here who have had their cars featured in the mag. They have shown how great the supra is:)

However you got to remember that evo's and imprezas out number us so they want to keep them happy. Hell I bet skylines out number us as well. For me the main big boys of the Jap high performance cars are Supras, Skylines and NSX'

As above,

However you would have thought a Japanese performance mag would have been more in the know. I read that it only changed from a 4 to a 5 because they found out there was a TT version.

Idiots ;)

Scott =op

As above,

However you would have thought a Japanese performance mag would have been more in the know. I read that it only changed from a 4 to a 5 because they found out there was a TT version.

Idiots ;)

Scott =op

Noooo, surely not :blink:

As above,

Idiots ;)

Scott =op

they must have watched F&F too much

As above,

Idiots ;)

Scott =op

What?? I knew about the TT version before the N/A, from the original UK version out in 1993 !

However you got to remember that evo's and imprezas out number us so they want to keep them happy. Hell I bet skylines out number us as well. For me the main big boys of the Jap high performance cars are Supras, Skylines and NSX'

C'mon don't forget the rx7. As temperamental as the engines may be, they are truly one of the best timelessly designed exteriors ever built. Not to mention great performance.

Supra wins in reliability though for sure, and looks aint half bad either :)

As above,

Idiots ;)

Scott =op

Surely it should have gone to 3 stars when they found out there was a TT;)