The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Home refurb on old wheels

jaymdee

Since losing a centre cap from my current wheels, I've been looking at getting a new set. Can't decide what type I want and can't afford a new set at the moment, so bought these off Ebay for £100 tested them and they fit over my UK brakes :)

So I have been playing around with a few spray cans to see what my car would like with Gunmetal 5 spoke wheels. Not fitted yet, but a few pics (before, during and after).

Have done some measuring and best as I can determine, offsets seem to be +40 front & +37.5 rear

9d2b_1.jpg

9de5_1.jpg

DSC00190.JPG

DSC00196.JPG

I did a similar thing over Christmas, 3 coats of paint and 2 lacquer. I,ve washed regularly since and there is no sign of paint erosion other than a careless tyre fitter when rebalancing which should just be a touch up. Just inquired about having rims ground and polished and it works out £35 a wheel but should finish the job off. Like the colour.

I just bought a set of wheels off of ebay to replace the broken one on my wifes MR2 (see my thread about her wanting me out the picture).

Anyway, its good to see some pics of what is possible. Makes me think that my task ahead may not be as daunting as i first thought :D

THey are a sh*tty grey colour at the moment. Looks like primer.

Scott =op

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good. Like the interior pics too.

Yeah tyres all done, refurbed my headlights tonight aswel. just a fog light conversion to do and oil change then its in for mot, then new rps clutch going aswel a fuel pump etc. Ahh busy busy busy lol

Looking good. Like the interior pics too.

Yeah tyres all done, refurbed my headlights tonight aswel. just a fog light conversion to do and oil change then its in for mot, then new rps clutch going aswel a fuel pump etc. Ahh busy busy busy lol

Very busy by the sound of it mate. What you doing with the interior of yours? Last I saw it it was stripped out

Very busy by the sound of it mate. What you doing with the interior of yours? Last I saw it it was stripped out

Its still sort of stripped out as i want it sprayed inside and a cage put in.

Will probabbly keep the front carpet as the old feet get hot. Dash has been re sprayed and just need some new guages. Fitted a set of tein adjustables not so long ago either so need a geo set up aswel.

Need some more funding :D

Ah also get some pics up of the new wheels on your car. been dying to see them on.

Here you go:

Front wheels - gold calipers

Rear Wheels - black calipers

Not sure whether to go black or gold - I've got some red TRD caliper decals too - which would be best?

Not too bad. We'll see how well they stand up to stones etc off the road and rain.