The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interior Lights

Scott

Should i change the interior roof lights to blue?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should i change the interior roof lights to blue?

• Yes, definitely, it will finish it off
    • No, it will look chav and horrid
    • Maybe, get the bulbs and have a look see.

I've changed all my dash lights etc to blue led's. I've also changed the footwell bulbs to blue so that everything matches. I've even gone as far as replacing my boost gauge so that its blue also, the only thing i haven't changed is the interior lights in the roof.

The question, should i change these also? I think the last time i had blue bulbs in there i was 17 and in my first car lol. It sounds a bit chav i know but its the only part of my interior not lighting up with an LED type brilliant blue.

What do you think? Should i just get the bulbs and try it? Or is it just a step too far?

Scott =op

Ok guys, thanks for the input.

I'm going to give it a go and see what i think. I'll try to ask older people their opinion once they are in rather than younger people IIYSWIM lol. I'm at the kind of halfway stage hence why i am not sure.

Scott =op

Bet you didnt change the driverside keyhole to blue.:p

I wouldnt touch the interior light looks a bit chav like what you'd expect to find in many saxos.

Maybe fit some of these LED replacement bulbs with the pure white light they'd look quite modern I reckon.

I did it and it was OK but the interior light became useless!!! Might be better with superbright LEDs I suppose. It was OK cos from outside it just looked like the interior light wasn't really on, but for me I got that comforting blue glow when inside the car.

• 3 weeks later...

bump for the info on footwell lights....???

I'm trying to work out how many LED bulbs I need to convert the entire interior lighting over. I'm going to get Heckler to do me some of the bits - but I think the rest I can probably handle myself.

I understand that most of the bulbs are 194 or 37 types, both of which you can get straight swaps for LED bulbs.

Any info would be great folks - thanks :)

Wow, can't believe i missed all these messages lol.

Ok.... footwell bulbs.

They are held in a little clear pastic case which is attached underneath the glovebox on the passenger side and in the same position above the pedals in the drivers side. If you pull on the casing the top part will come off as its held on with little clips. It took a bit of tugging but got there in the end. The bulb holder is then held on with another clip but you just slide it off (soo hard to describe lol)... think of a coathook with your coat on it. Thats how the bulb holder is kept in place. Once you have slid that off you just pull the bulb out and change it over then reverse the order.

I don't have the bulb partno's to hand but i can probably get all the type no's when i get home.

You need...

2 for the interior light

2 for the footwell

Hecklers kit (circa £100)

Most of what i got was supplied by heckler although the clock is missing from his kit if you have a facelift.

Bet you didnt change the driverside keyhole to blue.

If you mean the ignition then yes i did, if you mean the drivers door then i don't think mine has a light (facelift). If it does then i have never seen it lit up.

Scott =op

In all honesty you are as well getting the whole conversion from heckler.

I am pretty handy with a soldering iron but for ease at my end it was money well spent. Also, if anything goes wrong he says he will deal with it so no worries in the future. It really does make a massive difference using the LED's behind the dash, a few guys have used normal blue bulbs (which i have used before) and they look ok but IMO the LED's look much better. Of course they are much harder to make then and very very fiddly.

Scott =op