The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heater Knobs Opporchancity

Scott

Anyone want some heater knob covers? i've got a bit of bar that i could probably make 5 sets out of. If i get 5 names i'll apply for hobbyist.

They will be a push fit and cover the knob thats already there.

I will offer a couple of different finishes:

Brushed (no pic yet but i have one on my phone)

Machined (subtract £3 from price)

attachment.php?attachmentid=71385&d=1203781622

Polished

attachment.php?attachmentid=71386&d=1203781622

I can also offer the top knob to either have a hole or a hollow dot (pics of hollow to come, also on phone)

What they look like fitted....

attachment.php?attachmentid=71387&d=1203781622

attachment.php?attachmentid=71912&d=1204641231

Price is £18 delivered.

Scott =op

11032008060.jpg

1. SupraShaun - Polished - Hollow

2. QSC - polished

What do you mean exactly by a hollow dot ?

I like the pic where it's shining blue through the hole.

I updated the pics to show the "hollow dot" if you check the attached picture you will see what i mean lol.

Scott =op

£50 to become a hobbyist ;) the club benefits and you can sell your warez on a slightly bigger basis.

You'll brake even on that £50 with your first order :)

Thats no problem as long as i get 5 orders.

I'll maybe go ahead with the heater bezels as it will be more worth my while lol.

How long does the hobbyist last? A year?

Scott =op

I machined some of these years ago, why dont you machine a ' D ' shape in the back of them using a 2mm slot drill then they will attach directly onto the original shaft

Its not a CNC machine i am using lol. The "D" shape would be an absolute PITA. Doesn't make a difference to the appearance anyway.

Scott =op

so if you put a bulb in the back would it show through the slot on the heater controll??

No thats a heater knob mod that Heckler came up with AFAIK. The heater knob has to be drilled and an LED has to be wired into the heater control. I had it done while i was getting my LED conversion. The Knob in question, not Heckler :p, doesn't have a light as standard, or the hole to let it through.

Scott =op

If i can trade as a hobbyist i will run off some sets. Basically the only way to get them is to make them or have someone make them for you.

Need to get these knobs out of the way first though.

Cheers

Scott =op

Due to the potential large numbers involved (and hence members cash), this requires hobbyist membership before going ahead. I'm in discussions with Scott to start the process, but in the mean time the thread is locked.