The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyed my carpet at the weekend...

fri3ndly

it looks so much better!!!

I bought 2L of dye and I only used one bottle. Had some left at the end which I decided I would try and dye the speakers with (didnt work that well but looks a lot better than the navy blue - see last pic)

With the help of the guide it was a relatively easy (but messy) job but well worth it. Best mod you can do IMO!

attachment.php?attachmentid=72083&stc=1&d=1205158739and

attachment.php?attachmentid=72082&stc=1&d=1205158739

attachment.php?attachmentid=72084&stc=1&d=1205158739

attachment.php?attachmentid=72085&stc=1&d=1205158739

08032008793.jpg

08032008795.jpg

08032008794.jpg

09032008807.jpg

Looks the dogs mate!How long did it take to dye and dry?I have limited space ,so the quicker the better.Bought the dye a while ago(1ltr);are you sure this is enough?Cracking job.

Thanks for all the comments

Gaijin - To be honest, the longest part was taking the seats and carpet out.

Once it was out I hoovered it, didnt bother shampooing it as it wasnt too bad and sprayed it.

I left it outside for about 20 mins, then brang it indoors for an hour. It was suprisingly dry after and so I fitted it back in :-)

How did you do it? I mean, is it kind of a scrub job with a brush, just like if you were washing it or do you soak it or?

I simply washed out an empty bottle of AutoGlymn Tyre dressing I had and filled it up with carpet dye as suggested in the tutorial

I could then spray it evenly over the carpet :cool:

Look good mate, but... did you do it in a park or something? :blink:

No, in my garden :D

Was pretty bad actually, I decided I was going to do it on the Saturday and thet nothing would stop me, not even the big rainclouds overhead, luckily it only started spitting after I had sprayed it and brought it in doors to dry.

It took me about 45 mins to get the carpet out. The seats are easy, once you have the first one out the second is a doddle!

The main part I didnt figure out was popping the rear seats, you literally have to get your arm right underneath each one and sharpy pull up. Dont be scared!