The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does a FMIC raise boost?

fri3ndly

If thats the case, does this mean that when installing the FMIC, I will need to double decat, fuel pump and restrictor ring (BPU) otherwise boosting will be unsafe?

If your current IC is in poor condition it may increase very slightly, but nothing significant.

You won't need decat pipes, RR, etc.

Now that I've sold mine, I can be honest about the FMIC. :D

I wouldn't do it again just for going BPU. I had to remove the active spoiler which was a pain - I didn't exactly miss it but constantly had the feeling that I'd sacraficed it's functionality for something that made very little difference to the performance - and after a few weeks of rain, mud, dirt etc it wasn't even shiny any more. :(

Then there's the small PITA's, like having to put up with a smaller coolant expansion tank, having to duct it properly if you want it to perform as well as a SMIC etc etc etc......

For big power I'm sure it's worth the work though. :)