The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno Day North East England 10th May 2008

michel lane

Rolling Road day -Motoscope (Northallerton) Ltd, Standard Way Ind Est, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL6 2XE, UK.

Day booked : 10th May 2008 - 9.00am

Cost :- £40 inc v.a.t

I have been requested to organise a Rolling road day at the above venue. The Venue supports a Dastek 4wd unit :

Dastek Dynamometers have not only been designed by the world-leader in performance tuning, it has been fine tuned by Dastek engineers, who use it day in day out, on hundreds of vehicle makes and models - 4x4, high performance cars, MPV's and standard saloons.

Cooling :

Vehicle tuning imposes high demands on the retarder and can easily cause it to over heat, and operate out-with its most efficient temperature range. To alleviate this problem Dastek Dynamometers feature a unique fan shroud arrangement that splits the air. Cold air is drawn in over the hot discs, and hot air is pulled out via the 'chimney' arrangement.

Proper vehicle cooling fans are absolutely essential to dynamometer use and vehicle tuning. Nothing will hinder the tuning process more than inadequate vehicle cooling, resulting in soaring under bonnet temperatures, and reduced intake air charge densities. Dastek's knowledge and experience in this area means we have also produced our own range of high pressure centrifugal cooling fans, enabling quick, reliable and safe engine tuning. At motorscope the fans provides a 90mph airflow to simulate driving conditions on boost.

"It is clear that Dastek's Dynamometer has been designed with an in-depth understanding of what is important to a tuner - speed, accuracy, and efficiency. For example with other dynamometers, you have to wait for the tyre to heat up or apply messy belt dressing, or high friction coatings. With Dastek Dynamometer, you just roll on, fix 4 straps down and you are good to go."

I have been using this dyno for the past year with my tuner "Ryan" and it has given a very reliable performance measurement tool. You will receive a graph of torque / hp.

Terms and conditions.

All cars must be road legal, and machanically fit for a Dyno session. All participents must sign a disclaimer before the rolling road session, failure to do this will result in dyno run being cancelled for that individual's car.

Payment of £40 must be made before 18th April 2008.

Please send cheques to : michel lane , 25 wansford close, billingham,cleveland.ts233lb.£40

or paypal : [email protected] = £41.60 inc paypal fees.

Please send an email to myself : [email protected] - title dyno session motorscope. Within the email please apply the following text and indicate what is the payment method.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name :

Car Reg:

Modification :

manual / auto

Address :

email address :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will be provided with a Dyno sheet / video of your car on the dyno on CD rom and hard copy of the dyno printout.

Refreshments will be available at an additional cost. (burger van). A prize will be given for the best N/A / Turbo car. No traders cars are invited on the session.

I can only accommodate for 10 cars , please state your name below and method of payment .

1:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the dyno runs are controlled via the the engineer who owns the premises. He normally controls the dyno while Ryan G maps the car. There was no mentioned about Ryan attenting this event ?. They have has dyno's for over 25 years and they know what they are doing, thats why all my cars go there.

All the dyno runs are controlled via the the engineer who owns the premises. He normally controls the dyno while Ryan G maps the car. There was no mentioned about Ryan attenting this event ?. They have has dyno's for over 25 years and they know what they are doing, thats why all my cars go there.

:rolleyes:

I was mearly asking for clarification Michel as the name Ryan was mentioned, get off your high horse. ;)

22nd of march and april the 5th ... you are always welcome martin

Is that when your free?

I could always drop my car off at yours and leave it there for a week or so so you could look at it at your leasure Michel?

You can count on my support for the rolling road day :)

Yes martin , just do the the 4th april then , drop it off the previous week and we can have a look at it before the dyno, in the mean time pull your boost controller out so we can hook up the aem boost controller, i think ryan sells them for about £40. This will control your boost must better .

Yes martin , just do the the 4th april then , drop it off the previous week and we can have a look at it before the dyno, in the mean time pull your boost controller out so we can hook up the aem boost controller, i think ryan sells them for about £40. This will control your boost must better .

Ok Michel, i'll prob pull the avcr solenoid out, but leave the main unit below my stereo as i use it to keep my eye on my boost, speed etc, plus i like the the look of it :)

Im assuming the high and low (wastegate) boost using the aem will be controlled off a switch on the dash or something similar?

Looking forward to getting my car mapped fully :D

I'll give you a bell a little closer the time to arrange a day to drop it off.