The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dodgy Tire's?

marc_p

Okay I will start from the beginning on this one, I went down to the O2 Arena on friday night and car drove down there fine (I was in the supra) apart from I did get an occasional vibration from the front tyres, almost like a flat tyre feeling but not as severe, so I decided to stop at the services and check the tyre pressures (all of them read 34psi), I then carried on and got there fine, but on the way back I got about 15 miles out of London and just onto the M1 and due to me being shattered I told my mate who was with me that he could drive, He drove for about 5 minutes and the vibration got 20 times worse for about five seconds and there was a loud bang so we managed to get over to the hard shoulder and the tyre had (completely) blown out, so we then put the spacesaver on after calling the AA out, due to the fact my wrench didn't fit locking wheel nuts(stupid me), and did the next 200 miles at 55mph on the space saver. The next morning I got the tyre replaced as both of the front tyres were nearly new so they just matched the blown out one with the other one (Dunlops) then driving home (over 55mph) I get the same vibration feeling only it's half as bad and only coming from the tyre that didn't blow and before you say that it's just my wheel that isn't balanced, it doesn't do it all the time just occasionly so is it possible to get dodgy tyres and would i be best to just replace the other tyre?

Phew longest thread i've done so far.

Cheers

The other TYRE may have a blister or de lamination starting, get it off the rim and checked by someone who knows what they are looking for. :) This probably excludes 90% of tyre monkeys though, so good luck ;)

Cheers, changed spelling aswell not usually this bad but due to me only getting about 2 hours sleep that night I am still cathing up;).

Marc, have you emptied your ashtray?:D

:blink: i'm tired and don't understand :D

That sounds wierd mate, as Chris says I would get them looked at by a decent garage. Do not go to Kwik Fit......;)

H.

right will get it down somewhere this week, cheers.