The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recaro speed sports seats

jazz1

well iv found the seats i want, i worked it out and it would cost about the same to get my seats done so id rather just replace them with these better ones. Problem is when i called these guys they told me they dont do a bracket for the supra and they can only supply a universal bracket, anyone know or have these fitted?

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=REC295070580

found my seats on ebay again but these ones dont have tilt forward facility but the do make them with that as mine do they were £419 ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Rally-Style-Leather-Reclining-Sports-Seats-Pair_W0QQitemZ120229975826QQihZ002QQcategoryZ30172QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

wow thats a better price where did you gets you brackets for them? il pm that guy to see if he has the tilt function

again the same bride frames from whifbitz but they require 1 extra hole drilled in each side of each runner (2 holes per frame) think there Bride RO type runners! these seats are very firm compared to OEM but i had a cloth recaro speed drivers seat before these and that was also firm!

these seats come with universal runners fitted as you can see from the link but you completely remove those and fit new frame direct to seat, but you do sit an inch or so higher in the car worth bearing in mind if your tall! its alot of £ to get wrong so your welcome to come and try mine im in herts next junction from stevenage on the A1m :cool:

The first ones look the same as the stock recaro's that i have.

Are the runners different on the recaro's than on the stock seats then? Does this mean that i can basically put any recaro's i like in my car?

I want full leather ones but i don't know whether i am better to get a re-trim or just buy new seats and sell mine.

Cheers

Scott =op

think its seat model dependant but if you have the recaro speed, its the most common recliner, if so why not just get those in leather? but £380 each as jazz1's link in first post :blink:

wrong i called and they are 710 for both

you telling me those speed recaro will fit with my standard reliners?

If you already have recaro's then i don't really see why not.

My seats are recaro speed as far as i can tell. Came standard in the >96 RZ's.

Is the fake leather stuff any good?

Scott =op

If you already have recaro's then i don't really see why not.

My seats are recaro speed as far as i can tell. Came standard in the >96 RZ's.

Is the fake leather stuff any good?

Scott =op

looks strong that leather stuff id rather get those seats then pay 700 to get my standard seats done

found my seats on ebay again but these ones dont have tilt forward facility but the do make them with that as mine do they were £419 ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Rally-Style-Leather-Reclining-Sports-Seats-Pair_W0QQitemZ120229975826QQihZ002QQcategoryZ30172QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

these are real leather same seat just copies but alot cheaper, ive had mine about 18 months and the faultless