The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blitz RX exhaust

chrisbilling

Dear All,

i have fitted 1st decat and kept in 2nd cat and also fitted Blitz RX exhaust.

Q1 What do i do with the cat temp sensor that was fitted to origional first cat, and will it cause any issue's not fitted?

Q2 Do i need a restricter ring, and if so does it matter where i fit in the system?

Advice much appreciated.

Chris

I have fitted a 1st decat pipe and kept the second cat with a blitz nur spec R exhaust. It's a silimar set up to your own and I found that I did need a restrictor ring to reduce boost. However, if you buy a restrictor ring that has a certain diameter hole to 'normally' control boost to 1bar or 1.2bar you will probably find (like me) that you will need a larger diamater hole in the rr because of the restriction of the cat, it's a pain to get right and took me hours :( It's just a vase of trial and error.

It doesnt really matter where in the exhaust system you put the restrictor ring, alot of people like to put it inbetween the first decat and second decat/or cat, or between the second de cat/cat and the exhaust system. I however found it much easier to place it between the back box section of the exhaust and the middle section that then connects to the second cat, it's alot easier to get too than any other point when your doing it on the drive :) Oh... and the cat temp sensor can just be cable tied out the way. I have read that if you cut it off you will have the warning light on constantly so that could be a pain. Hope that helps.

Chris