The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats needed for a 800bhp supra

Guest Geneb

A new autobox for starters. I doubt a BL box will handle 800 so prehaps you would need the even more expensive one.

On a side note an 800 auto would be no good for street use. IMO you would have to have a manual box.

Im running 515 @ wheels with a rebuilt engine and i have spent over 30k and im still going.

Guest Geneb
A new autobox for starters. I doubt a BL box will handle 800 so prehaps you would need the even more expensive one.

On a side note an 800 auto would be no good for street use. IMO you would have to have a manual box.

Im running 515 @ wheels with a rebuilt engine and i have spent over 30k and im still going.

£30k for just 515 at the wheels sod that, i could buy this for that money.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/316446.htm

not as quick i know but it dont need to be, therer must be a cheaper option than £30k

Guest Geneb
Why don't you tell us how much you want to spend then, and then it should be possible to tell you how best to spend that money. ;)

fair point tony i have £20k to play with atm

£30k for just 515 at the wheels sod that, i could buy this for that money.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/316446.htm

not as quick i know but it dont need to be, therer must be a cheaper option than £30k

dont forget to add the extra 10k on to but the car in the first place.

So a ferrari is even cheaper...... and no where near as much fun a all those ponies running round a round about sideways!

Guest Geneb

wanna get a supe really as there super reliable as for modding it myself no frickin chance i don't touch cars as they turn to crap when i put a spanner to them so would be looking at a garage doing the work.

Guest Geneb
If you're going for 800 then surely you need (or should have) a built engine with triple X strength everything so wouldn't going from 800 to 1000 would just be changing the size of the turbo(s) and injectors and relevent map?

thought the stock supra internals were good for 800bhp?

Guest Geneb
20k and wanting an 800bhp supra? id get in touch with Jurgen and get him to look for a t51 or similar supra with all the right supporting mods, you will get something very nice for that price.

Thx bud

20k and wanting an 800bhp supra? id get in touch with Jurgen and get him to look for a t51 or similar supra with all the right supporting mods, you will get something very nice for that price.

Agreed. The simplest solution for you would be to buy something. Even if you were to buy a stock / bpu car and then have it modified it would be a lot of hassle for what I think you want.