The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dump valves

AgtX80

I fancy having a dump valve thats audible but i keep hearing conflicting arguments about them. ie: stick with the stock one, aftermarket ones dont do any good & other people saying it doesnt affect the engine, it just makes the noise.

So, is it ok to fit an aftermarket dump valve to a standard car?

Cheers.

It's fine, just don't expect it to make any difference other than making a louder noise. Stock one is recirc which is why it's so quiet, most aftermarket ones are vent to atmosphere (although you can get recirc kits).

You don't need an aftermarket BOV until you go single turbo, they make a nice noise though.

edit to add: UK spec auto's can have problems with stalling with a vent to atmosphere BOV.

• 2 weeks later...

i've just ordered a supra j-spec RZ, i am thinking about getting a dump valve but i dont know much about the best one to go for.

what would be the best type to buy and has a decent noise off it?also could i get a link to a site where i could order one from

get it in april :eyebrows: