The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help needed !! Where do i stand with a claim

Guest craig-mkiv

Guest craig-mkiv

hi

looking for a bit of advice on this one :rolleyes:

had to go up to the doctor's surgery to pick up a prescription for my grand-son , in the supra as it is my daily driver :p

i parked the car in the appropiate parking bay , the wife got out the car to go & collect :D

as i seen her come out i drove out of the parking bay to go & meet her at the door's :rolleyes:

there is a slight ramp to go up to the exit , which there was a couple of people walking down , so i drove round them over the drain gulley's & into the gravel ,., photo below :Pling:

but did not see that the gravel area was not level enough to take a car driving over it , in part's it's 2 - 3 inch's deep :blink:

so with bringing out the rear wheel over the drainage grid's it cut up the inside of my tyre wall :badmood:

tyre was flat in 2 second's !!

so i had to put the space saver wheel on :taped:

so as you can imagine i was :swearsign::soap:

i went into the reception to have a rant at the state of there car park :innocent: asked them for a claim form for a new tyre at the end of the day that's going to cost me an easy £150 for a new tyre :taped: they said they are not taking any responsibility !!!!

so i turn to you ,

should i pursue a claim or is this my own fault ?

I am sorry as this isn't what you will want to hear but looking at your pictures I wouldn't even have attempted to drive over that metal gully. Could be because I got a very low car and kit though not because I would have worried about my tyres.

I don't think you will get anywhere to be honest mate :(