The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ecu, where to buy from?

Guest daz 6576

Guest daz 6576

hi guys.

does anyone know the best place to get an ecu from, for a single turbo supra as i am on the hunt for one.

the car is a j-spec auto

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys.

does anyone know the best place to get an ecu from, for a single turbo supra as i am on the hunt for one.

the car is a j-spec auto

Which ECU? Standalone or piggyback? Who's going to be doing the mapping? Budget?

Guest daz 6576

ive heard that im better doing this properly and going for a standalone,

probably an AEM cus its an auto.

i live in north wales and dont know anywhere round here that will do this.

do you have any suggestions

As above, find a GOOD mapper (the choice of mapper is more important than ecu)... any monkey can feed figures into an ecu and hope for the best...whereas a good mapper can make an average ECU perform well :)

Very true

I wish it could CJ but i looked at this with Dave and there is no output to trigger the shift retard function so over time it will just kill the box with all the torque on the changes.

Ryan

Unless you leave the standard auto box ECU control the box?

As above, find a GOOD mapper (the choice of mapper is more important than ecu)... any monkey can feed figures into an ecu and hope for the best...whereas a good mapper can make an average ECU perform well :)

Spot on, I think you will find Chris Wilson will echo this.

MoTeC is the best imo, but it is expensive - no two ways about it.

AEM is a good ECU, does everything you will ever need :)

Spot on, I think you will find Chris Wilson will echo this.

MoTeC is the best imo, but it is expensive - no two ways about it.

AEM is a good ECU, does everything you will ever need :)

I agree, it is expensive. The Motec plus mapping will set you back £3k - not small potatoes ;)

Why would you say an aem for an auto when aem themselves say that there is not an auto box that toyota make that will last as long as it should using an aem? Don't get me wrong I have an AEM fitted to my auto motor but its fitted because it was the cheapest direct plug and play option available.

Is the auto box problem still an issue with the AEM? I haven't read up on it for a while so I'm out of the loop.

Unless you leave the standard auto box ECU control the box?

It wont work chap as the Motec will be controlling the ignition timing and fueling not the standard ecu. So as their is no trigger to pull the ignition timing it wont pull it.

It wont work chap as the Motec will be controlling the ignition timing and fueling not the standard ecu. So as their is no trigger to pull the ignition timing it wont pull it.

I think you had better have a word with Owen Dev then as that is how they set my orange car up and I think those that saw it running will agree that it was a pretty good set up.

I think you had better have a word with Owen Dev then as that is how they set my orange car up and I think those that saw it running will agree that it was a pretty good set up.

But it was a built box Colin

Dont get me wrong mate if it could be done with out the Aem reliably then i would do it with a Motec or a Link mate