The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Getting your Supe Sponsered..?

SupraJames

Just wondered if anyone on here has cars sponsered by any companies and how they went about getting them..?

Am really after a carbon bonnet and some nice new wheels lol just dont have the money to buy them at the mo. I have been promised several magazine features on the car, so would be good advertising and I already have a semi sponsership on ICE via AudioBahn.

Just wondering if its possible and how its done really.

Thanks

James

Didn't you ask this before? (EDIT: no you didn't, it was someone else :))

A lot of time and effort usually mate.

A decent press-pack, opening letter and plan of action would be a good start along with some decent contacts to speak to in the industry. Oh and make sure you get your face and your car around at all the shows and start to become "noticed". The rest will follow. Remember though that you never get anything for free and what it might save you in parts costs might cost you more in petrol having to go to all the shows the sponsors want you to.

Good luck though mate. It is doable if you work hard at it.

Ohh sounds interesting, wish you all the best with it :) Looking back sometimes I wish I had put my money into the engine rather than ICE as due to trends its what companies and mags seem to find more appealing, but I like to be different lol, dont find many Supras that go full out on ICE. Also running an ICE company has something to do with it :)

i like the idea of this,

im looking to put ED STONE rockwear graffix over the car- due more to the fact that they endorsed me when i was playing in my band (split now) but also cos i got to know them and there a fairly new company and i want to help them out.

how did u get ur deal with Audiobahn tho? surely uve already got the gift anyway.

if its anything like music- the only advice i can give you is that the more you are seen the more or better the sponsorship- at the end of the day the company want to be represented in a good way and the more they can get almost- FREE publicity the more they are inclined to do it.

p.s i will be back playing metal again very soon- so ill prob get my endorsement back :D

Well its only a semi sponsership with AudioBahn via their UK Distributor, which means I get their stuff at a large discount just not free. Im thinking now just some mag features under my belt then approach people, just like the bits done before features as feel the wheels and bonnet let my car down a bit.

...just phone around and tell em how its going to help their business thats what he did ;

Thats your best bet. I'm quite luckey got a deal with Sumo Power. I get bits for all my needs and they use the car for promo's works really well :D