The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Body roll

gavin.starr

my supra has started to produce body role

its coming from the rear end, it has aftermarket shocks and springs they are toyota ones but not sure what they are there usually really good and reasonably stiff, is it likley to be the shocks that have gone or the bushes to the rear subframes if you know what i mean, because it sometimes feels like the rear end isnt attatched at all.:blink:

thanks in advance

gav

where can i get these bushes from because as much as i would like to take it to see chris, i cant afford the drive there the drive back and then the cost for any repairs that need doing, until i get paid because im very very skint:imsorry:

Toyota don't sell the bushes separately, you can only buy the complete arms. I can supply suspension components at a BIG saving compared to UK Toyota prices, email me at the address in my sig below if you would like a price list.

See my post here on the subject here:

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=135253

where can i get these bushes from because as much as i would like to take it to see chris, i cant afford the drive there the drive back and then the cost for any repairs that need doing, until i get paid because im very very skint:imsorry:

For expert advice of what actually is the problem, I would say it'd definitely be worth paying Chris a visit. You could spend a lot of money getting geometry checked, changing parts that may be the cause and still not solve the problem.

if it is the bushes that have gone and i do need to change the arms what sort of price am i looking at to change them

Either buy the arms off Nic, don't go to Toyota - I think the arms were about £140 ish each for the upper arms.

Or you can import the bushes from mvpmotorsport.com - part R2R 800-CA200 - £130 for the entire bush set.

Or yes, go see CW, as I intend to sometime :D

Get down to Chris and get that bonus and backpay spent boy ;)