The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2nd decat pipe anyone???

SilverSoop

Hi all, i have a really big problem, since my supe has gone into the garage for the gearbox fault, somewhere along the lines somebody has damaged my front pipe and my cat because the front pipe is now blowing and my 2nd cat is rattling. So i was wondering does anyone have a 2nd decat pipe (front pipe) for sale?????

I know p111ddy has got one but his car is still up gvn and i really need one now because its only going to get worse and i dont want to risk damaging her....:rolleyes:

not sure which part you mean. Do you mean the first decat pipe from the engine whcih replaces the cat? If so this is a direct replacement for the cat I have...

Or do you mean the rear decat pipe?

confused:search:

No its a direct replacement of the second cat. Its where the pipe joins from the first cat to the second, it looks to have been forceably removed because there is a slight gap which is causing the blowing and you can feel it quite clearly. It wasnt like that when i bought it! :(

Where is it blowing? It could be just a gasket, or may just weld up if cracked.

Its blowing where the first cat joins to the second. Its definetely not a gasket because it looks to have been removed with some sort of tool judging by the way the shape of the gap is, which is causing the blowing of my exhaust. Plus, my 2nd cat is rattling anyway so basically to fix it, a 2nd decat pipe would stop the rattling of the cat and blowing and give me more power in the process :eyebrows:

Sounds like they either have mounted the exhaust incorrectly or have missed installing a gasket. It's be pretty darn hard to bend a pipe so bad the flanges don't sit flush!

The exhaust would have had to come off to do the gbox work which is why I'd say it's incorrect installation rather than it being bent.

What is the cat back system? Some systems are not straightforward to fit...

Sounds like they either have mounted the exhaust incorrectly or have missed installing a gasket. It's be pretty darn hard to bend a pipe so bad the flanges don't sit flush!

The exhaust would have had to come off to do the gbox work which is why I'd say it's incorrect installation rather than it being bent.

What is the cat back system? Some systems are not straightforward to fit...

Hi homer yep thats whats happened i think because the gearbox was worked on at least three times and so did the exhaust because of the gearbox. Its a jasma exhaust system with both cats in place but i need a 2nd decat to get rid of the blowing and the rattling...

Its a jasma exhaust system with both cats in place but i need a 2nd decat to get rid of the blowing and the rattling...

Jasma isn't an exhaust, it's a "approved exhaust" stamp used by aftermarket companies to say that it's certified for use in Japan (kind of like the E-mark we have in Europe). If the exhaust has this stamp it'll be some basic exhaust system for the supra and nothing special.

I bet this is all down to bad installation or some other factor (like heat shield rattle). Either that or they've ragged the car over a speed hump :(

Feel free to drop by if you want me to take a quick look for you.

Jasma isn't an exhaust, it's a "approved exhaust" stamp used by aftermarket companies to say that it's certified for use in Japan (kind of like the E-mark we have in Europe). If the exhaust has this stamp it'll be some basic exhaust system for the supra and nothing special.

I bet this is all down to bad installation or some other factor (like heat shield rattle). Either that or they've ragged the car over a speed hump :(

Feel free to drop by if you want me to take a quick look for you.

I was under the car the other day while the gearbox guys filled my g/box up with some v160. The cat is definetely rattling and as for the bad installation, you can actually see the gap and feel the exhaust fumes if you put your hand under it. Its a total bodge job, i just want to know who put that exhaust back on!

Yeh if i could please homer, let me know when you're not busy, pm me, ring or text and i'll show you...