The mkiv Supra Owners Club

dash trim change & odo problem

AgtX80

How hard is it to take the dash trim off, i want a black one, wheres best to get one?

I reset the trip on the odometer to see how far it was to a place i sort of knew how far it was anyway. Something like 30-35 miles. When i got home it said about 30km....that cant be right. It should be a lot more km. So i did the journey to work which is just over 4 miles, reset the trip meter & when i got there it said 4.4km Im starting to wonder about the about of mileage the car has done now, it says 72000km or thereabouts, so i figured it had done 50k miles. Maybe its done 72000 miles.

Anyone know whats going on?

1) dash panels: it's fairly easy to take the dash panels out. Start with the long "eyebrow" piece that fits over the top of the speedo cluster. It's held on by about 5/6 screws, then give it a sharp tug towards the driver's seat. Before the main dash panel (with the heater controls etc) can come away, you'll need to remove the gear lever surround: no screws, just tug (not too far, because you'll need to unclip the ashtray light.

Apart from the eyebrow piece which has screws as well, most of the dash panels are held in place by clips that need no tools. There's a guide on here somewhere with pictures.

2) It's possible to reconfigure the odo so that it counts in miles but says "km" on the display (or vice versa). You'll need basic tools and access to the odo's circuit board. I can't remember how it's done though.

so i need to ask the dealer if they altered it? i requested that they change the clocks to mph as part of the deal, maybe they did that too..i will check the total km next, see what it is before i go to work and what it is after. maybe that still counts km?