The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New to the site

Guest Buffman

Guest Buffman

Hi Guys!

I thought i would take a min and say hi to everyone. I'm looking at getting a supra in the new future as i used to have a turbo car and then went N/A and i've got the taste for a turbo again. I've been looking at this one and just want to see what you guys think, i would change the color to a midnight purple but do you think it a bit expensive i've been told it in mint condition but you never know until you see it in the flesh. All comments good or bad would be appreciated. http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/400362.htm

Many thanks

Luke

Like mark p said, should be in good cosmetic condition however as it is more or a show car than a race car (if you know what i mean) you might want to have a good look underneath as mechanical components may have been overlooked. Also not sure what the 800bhp clutch would be like as it is only at approx BPU level as far as i can see.

Best bet is too go and have a look, also get a quote for your respray aswell as that will raise the cost of it by quite a bit. Just out of interest why would you want it resprayed surely that is this vehicles selling point?

Edit...:welcome:

Guest Buffman

Not sure think its a bit loud for me I think it would look better with a darker paint job and i've seen a couple in a midnight purple when i was in Japan and they look really nice. As a show car the color if perfect but on the street might get some unwanted attention. We'll see going to see it tonight so might change my mind never know. I printed off what to look for when going to see the car so i'll study that and see how i get on.

I'll let you boys know how it goes

Cheers again

Guest Buffman

Sorry Marc ha ha

simbasupra i'll do that mate thanks for that info will give you boys an update tomorrow let you know how it went.

Guest Buffman

Hey Guys,

So went to see the car last night and it was beautiful and looked even better in the flesh than it did in the pictures the paint color was awesome thought it might be a little girly but was not at all. the inside of the car was a bit disappointing he had colored the plastic that goes from the speedo down to the center console in pink which was horrible also for some reason it had been riveted in the engine bay and also at 2 points under the boot where the ribber sits, this didn't fill me with confidence as the owner had no idea why they were there. I took the car for a drive and it can shift felt really nice to drive the gear shifts felt a little jelly like not sure if that just all supra's. Mechanically it seemed sound it had done 132,000 km everything looked like it had been kept very well cared for but still not 100% what to do not something im not going to rush in and buy as you could imagine. Also have to look at insurance as that wont be cheap.

If you guys have any information about some of the things i've said about the car let me know i'm open to all comments good or bad as you know.

cheers again

Luke

Guest WullieC

Welcome
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_cool.gif

nice looking motor, usually when i see the words "show" and "car" together i picture 1.1l saxos but thats not that bad.

possible reasons for the wonky paint job is that it may have been crashed at some point and had pannels replaced :(

no idea about the rivets in the engine bay tho? :blink:

Hope to see you at some of the Scottish meets! :thumbs:

Guest Buffman

Yeah that is Steve Ho's car looks really nice in the flesh but the rivets are a bit turn off and as an import i cant get any history on the car. Chances are it could of been wrote off in japan and build back up when your dealing with allot this kind of money you don't really want to buy something that has been crashed.