The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will this guide work for installing Apexi S-afc II

tomgeer

it will be similar but im sure the safcII will have different wires out of..it has the capablilty to do engine knock and stuff that the old one couldnt i belive...

Have a look on the apexi website..may be on there....also it should have an instruction manual with it! with the ecu diagram pinout etc.

according too the apexi website..this is the one for the facelift..tbh i wouldnt know if their correct, its also for the old safc again sorry :(

I would also cross referance there wiring diagrams with a standard ecu pinout diagram as some manufactures have been known to get them a little wrong...

according too the apexi website..this is the one for the facelift..tbh i wouldnt know if their correct, its also for the old safc again sorry :(

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r62/fishman_photos/supraecu-1.jpg

I would also cross referance there wiring diagrams with a standard ecu pinout diagram as some manufactures have been known to get them a little wrong...

good advice. Search on google> Supra ECU pinout diagram.

I wuld find it for you but im at work and the internet access is limited.

Right so my ecu has 5 plugs going into it, so it is the j-spec facelift pinout wiring I am looking for.

Here is the link to the installation guide from apexi, from what I can see the pinouts I have are T10-a which is the only supra pinouts to use the 5 plugs rather than 3.

If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it, I don't want to wire it up wrong and cause damage. I am concerned as this info comes from the apexi usa website and it may not be for the j-spec model.

http://www.apexi-usa.com/pdfWiring/7.pdf

thanks guys

Right so my ecu has 5 plugs going into it, so it is the j-spec facelift pinout wiring I am looking for.

Here is the link to the installation guide from apexi, from what I can see the pinouts I have are T10-a which is the only supra pinouts to use the 5 plugs rather than 3.

If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it, I don't want to wire it up wrong and cause damage. I am concerned as this info comes from the apexi usa website and it may not be for the j-spec model.

thanks guys

Yup, you are looking for the vvti wiring diagram..

Do a search for VVTi wiring diagram and it will turn up a thing or two.

EDIT : T10a appears to be the correct diagram for the vvti ECU.

Thanks Gav,

My supra is not a VVTi engine though, it is a 1996 facelift model, the model just before they put the VVTi in, will that make a difference?, I can't find any other pinout diagrams for the supra ECU with the 5 plug connections so it must be the same one. :search:

Thanks Gav,

My supra is not a VVTi engine though, it is a 1996 facelift model, the model just before they put the VVTi in, will that make a difference?, I can't find any other pinout diagrams for the supra ECU with the 5 plug connections so it must be the same one. :search:

Take a pic of the ecu please.. that will be the easiest way to be sure.

Erm yeah looking at that I think you are right I thought I saw 5 different blocks earlier today but I didn't have that good a look, I haven't been feeling so good today, man flu, thats embarrassing, I should have un plugged them and had a proper look
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_oops.gif

Just to confirm then it's diagram T7d I want?

Thanks Gav really appreciate your help

Erm yeah looking at that I think you are right I thought I saw 5 different blocks earlier today but I didn't have that good a look, I haven't been feeling so good today, man flu, thats embarrassing, I should have un plugged them and had a proper look
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_oops.gif

Just to confirm then it's diagram T7d I want?

Thanks Gav really appreciate your help

Oh don't apologise chap.... I've spent many a time STARING at something and not seeing it :)