The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wheel spacers ???

dannypunto

you must be still running on 16" wheels mate as the uk specs came with 17" wheels.

I would personally invest in a larger diamiter wheel. I know this would be costly but worth it in the long run.

good luck mate. Hope you get it sorted.

you must be still running on 16" wheels mate as the uk specs came with 17" wheels.

I would personally invest in a larger diamiter wheel. I know this would be costly but worth it in the long run.

good luck mate. Hope you get it sorted.

i think u mis-understood, i have a j spec TT with 18" wheels on, i have uk spec brakes to install, tried put them on and they catch my wheels, this is why i need spacers?

i think u mis-understood, i have a j spec TT with 18" wheels on, i have uk spec brakes to install, tried put them on and they catch my wheels, this is why i need spacers?

A lot of 18" wheels won't clear UK Brakes, hence why people always ask before buying wheels.

There are no definite answers unless someone already has the same wheels on there car with UK brakes! a tip, if you want to find out what width of spacers you need, providing you know you wont need more than 15mm is to get yourself a bunch of washers to fit the studs, and keep putting them on until you can spin the week without it touching, check caliper clearance, you will need to clear them by about 3mm and then just take off the washers and measure the stack with a vernier or micrometer then you will know what width of spacer you need, or if you can't be bothered, buy a set of 3mm and a set of 5mm and see what it takes to clear.

There are no definite answers unless someone already has the same wheels on there car with UK brakes! a tip, if you want to find out what width of spacers you need, providing you know you wont need more than 15mm is to get yourself a bunch of washers to fit the studs, and keep putting them on until you can spin the week without it touching, check caliper clearance, you will need to clear them by about 3mm and then just take off the washers and measure the stack with a vernier or micrometer then you will know what width of spacer you need, or if you can't be bothered, buy a set of 3mm and a set of 5mm and see what it takes to clear.

why can it be more than 15mm?

Probably because that's the amount of 'spare' thread on the wheel studs. To go any further will require extra long studs.

can anybody say this for sure? , looking at the wheels and a rough gauge, i think i require 10mm spacers, but i will do the washer trick 1st, if 10mm is the case are we saying i dont need longer wheel pins

From the pictures on Newera's site, they don't look hubcentric. If that's the case, then, personally, I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

If you must use spacers, make sure that they are hubcentric and TUV approved.

Spacers are hubcentric and can be up to 10mm - 30mm (increments of 5MM), these are bolt on Spacers so the safest option

http://www.neweraparts.com/Default.aspx?tabid=54&txtSearch=spacers&CategoryID=1&List=0&Level=1&ProductID=83

Spacers are hubcentric and can be up to 10mm - 30mm (increments of 5MM), these are bolt on Spacers so the safest option

http://www.neweraparts.com/Default.aspx?tabid=54&txtSearch=spacers&CategoryID=1&List=0&Level=1&ProductID=83

Fair enough, then. Couldn't see that in the pic.

Oh and as for hub centric, if you only need 3 to 5mm then I'm pretty sure nobody does them, i am running 5mm on my fronts with no problem
OK provided the wheel still sits on the spigot, I guess.

I wouldn't dream of putting 20mm spacers on I would get some wheels the right size and sell yours. They are not too pricey second hand and refurb costs are not huge so best to do it right. Just out of interest what 18" wheels do you have any pics?

I wouldn't dream of putting 20mm spacers on I would get some wheels the right size and sell yours. They are not too pricey second hand and refurb costs are not huge so best to do it right. Just out of interest what 18" wheels do you have any pics?

these ones, dont know what they are, they were on the car b4 it was imported, in nice condition too with good tyres so didnt really wanna sell, but if needs must!