The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1st April - Another 2ppl increase

Sharpie

Well can't say much, beyond moaning know as no one is going to do $HITE ABOUT IT APART FROM MOAN.

We will end up paying anyway so might as well get used to it.

Was at donnington today and it was 120 a litre there, put in £30 and drove hard for 20-30 mins and finished it.

I agree that the gov makes too much money off fuel, but, as they say, duty is less of a percentage of what we pay than it was in 1999. If they changed duty to a percentage we wouldn't have these increases to moan about... and as the price of oil goes up, they'd get more money... so it could be worse.

TBH though, the duty increases these days are really quite small compared to the increases in the price of oil. And oil is likely to get exponentially more expensive from here on. Better get used to it :(

I agree that the gov makes too much money off fuel, but, as they say, duty is less of a percentage of what we pay than it was in 1999. If they changed duty to a percentage we wouldn't have these increases to moan about... and as the price of oil goes up, they'd get more money... so it could be worse.

TBH though, the duty increases these days are really quite small compared to the increases in the price of oil. And oil is likely to get exponentially more expensive from here on. Better get used to it :(

So explain why we pay more tax on fuel than anybody else and we have nothing to show for it, crap roads, crap NHS, crap country!

Guest Geneb
So explain why we pay more tax on fuel than anybody else and we have nothing to show for it, crap roads, crap NHS, crap country!

as for crap nhs how many countrys have you had medical assistance in without having to payout straight away? and crap country, well if you don't like it you can always leave thats what im planning on doing.

back to the fuel charges when they go up my charges go up.

I think you missed my point :) Oil is a finite resource, and we're well past the time when it was cheap and plentiful.

simple really if you look at it like that

Shame those in power dont have the sence to see whats infront of their nose!

Fuel is a finite resourse, and we do need to try and find a way of lowering our use, but taxing everyone to death and not offering a viable alternative isnt the way.

The way i look at it - if i can drive my supra back to my folks (120 miels each way) CHEPAER than getting a train, then something is very wrong! If they can't tempt me, what chance to they stand with the diesel/small car brigade!

Government policy: "right chaps we have a problem - who can we tax or what can we ban to make it look like were trying to sort it?"

• 2 weeks later...
WOW pushed back to October now :)

Great Britain we are not. We tax people when they are dead- i mean come on - we have our govenrment puppets who are being paid to send this country down the tubes. i honestly feel robbed by my own country for fuel..i work my ass of and require my car to get to and from work- with my paycheck i pay my taxes to fund yet more things for this country. now taxes fine -too high but essential i understand that- but its a vicious circle cos i basically i get taxed for WORKING (bear with me...)! if you dont work you get free money- thats pretty much how it works-there are more people on benefits than before( if u cant legitmatly work then thats fine). so infact we all get taxed twice to work for this country. your rite- our roads are crap- well ppl say we pay fuel tax to help fund the public services- well what the hell is road tax for? grr why didnt we save our north sea oil!

in short im P*ssed! lol:cool:

I'm not happy about it :( but then again no body is when somebody is taking money off them but TBH im not going to lose any sleep over it.

I do about 250-300 miles a month so that is roughly at 105ppl and 17MPG costing £70 if it goes upto 120ppl it will cost £80 so thats an extra £120 a year but if i was using it anymore than that i would just buy a cheap 1.0 Yaris or something that does 40-50mpg. Im not making excuses for this government and I for one will never be voting for them again but when you compare this to house prices well that is something that im still mad about! as I've just paid over 300K for a house that 6 years ago was around 200k :blink: or so my neighbor tells me :( So thats 100k difference for what! :bang:

But what can we do about it?