The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just bought my first Supra (pics)

Guest cliogerbil

Guest cliogerbil

Hi guys

I've just put a deposit on my first Supra (swapped from a TT GTO) and i'm very happy with it. Its a 1993 N/A Manual but will eventually be a turbo with a few choice mods.Its having a little paint work and should be with me by the end of next week.

Heres some pics.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9835/sup2ft6.th.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9320/sup3zn1.th.jpg

Now i appreciate this kind of thing may not be to some peoples tastes around these parts but i fell in love as soon as i saw it...opinions are welcome of course.

Anyway just thought id say Hi and that i'm bound to meet a few of you and chat a lot about future mods

Russ

Guest cliogerbil

wow thanks for the warm welcome...and so quick. I found it on Auto Trader. Maybe its still on there, i haven't looked.

I have no idea whos it was before but I bought it from Nottingham. It looks in generally good condition except it needs a bloody good valet, UK headlights and as you say...a TT lump before the end of the year.

Out of interest, how much am i looking at for a TT lump running on full BPU fitted? I'm guessing 400bhp there from what i've read on here already) And can i keep the gearbox i have now or does that have to be changed?

thanks

Russ

wow thanks for the warm welcome...and so quick. I found it on Auto Trader. Maybe its still on there, i haven't looked.

I have no idea whos it was before but I bought it from Nottingham. It looks in generally good condition except it needs a bloody good valet, UK headlights and as you say...a TT lump before the end of the year.

Out of interest, how much am i looking at for a TT lump running on full BPU fitted? I'm guessing 400bhp there from what i've read on here already) And can i keep the gearbox i have now or does that have to be changed?

thanks

Russ

expect 3-4 k if your not doing it yourself, keep below the 350bhp and the 5 speed should be ok, fast acceleration but less top end power

Guest cliogerbil

its acceleration i want. I dont do any more than 130mph (i mean 70..lol) anyway. Its just 0-60 that counts for me. I think the plan might be to either find an engine and box straight out of a TT complete or run the TT lump on the box i have now on full BPU and see how it goes. If it dies i'll just get it changed.

3 - 4k is about what i was expecting. I've got my other car to have turbo'd and resprayed ready for show season before i can start thinking about TT'ing the supe but it wont be long at all.

this is my other cars website (link below)..i've spent silly money on this but i love it. bass in 1 car and performance in the other..thats the plan anyway..lol

http://www.evilice.freeservers.com/