The mkiv Supra Owners Club

n/a Chip??

jkr46

Stay away mate, at best it will do nothing at worst it could nacker your ecu.

Not really.... if the ECU is getting incorrect signals it will simply react the way it is meant to. Probably leading to too little fuel going in and high AFRs and :bang:

However it is all theoritical BECAUSE the ecu is NOT chippable anyway. (within reasonable costs)

Not really.... if the ECU is getting incorrect signals it will simply react the way it is meant to. Probably leading to too little fuel going in and high AFRs and :bang:

However it is all theoritical BECAUSE the ecu is NOT chippable anyway. (within reasonable costs)

So it basically just causes the engine to run lean?

So it basically just causes the engine to run lean?

Herein lies the issue, without knowing what the 'chip' is supposed to do with definite proof, it could do anything such as lean and rich to absolutely nothing.

I personally have a bit of an adversion to just putting an unknown black box into a car on the word of someone who I have no idea about.

Herein lies the issue, without knowing what the 'chip' is supposed to do with definite proof, it could do anything such as lean and rich to absolutely nothing.

I personally have a bit of an adversion to just putting an unknown black box into a car on the word of someone who I have no idea about.

My thoughts exactly, if it was from somewhere like TRD I might be a little interested, but unknown, no chance.

No such thing as an Supra chip, the ones on ebay despite there bull are just a way to change the airflow signal so as the ECU sees more flow=more fuel and more timing advance, and in the odd place withing the std RPM v load map it might actually make a slight difference, but it will just screw up the rest, so you will very likely loose power, you could fit an Emanage but even with it mapped to perfection the chances of seeing more than 5 BHP as slim.